My Jango 1.0 build-up Countdown to EP III (pic-heavy!)

Haha.. Congrats.

I know that feeling when you are just like "No, F'ing way is this gonna work." then BAM it works!

Keep on!

The last two days I spent with the priming of the helmet and painting of the blasters and finsihing the gauntlets.

The Helmet is sadly a little disappointment, for the Resin parts aren't very accurate. Especially the earcaps are too short! :angry
The right one I stretched a little by glueing the two parts a bit further away from each other, but about the left I couldn't do much. That's the reason why I don't filled the gaps between the parts and the helmet after glueing, because someday I might get my hands on some more accurate parts and can replace them more easily then. However for EpIII it will do (as in Germany there aren't so much accurate mandalorians around as i the US either ;) ).
Today the first coat of blue will be painted.

The blasters are already painted in silver (grip) and chrome. Only have to get some coats of gold. By the way, the for the gold paint taped blasters look quite interesting... imagine them painted completly in flat black.

The gauntlets are quite finished. They only need some weathering, which will wait until the helmet needs it too. I finally added the 6 aluminium darts (the only really good thing that came with these gauntlets :rolleyes ) and padded the inside of the gauntlets, so they are really comfortable to wear now (the small "slot" cutted in the upholster is the access for the battery).
Only the hoses still need to be dyed and I have to upgrade the kaminoan sabredart.

I'm not breaking out in sweat, but it's really exactly only 4 weeks to go! Yahooo! :lol:

helmet primed.JPG

blaster taped.JPG

gauntlets w-o weathering 2.JPG

While it got a little bit quite around here (obviously because CIII me thinx), I'm continuing my work for the premiere (for which I got the tickets yesterday! We'll be around 30 costumed fans there. Really looking forward to it. (y) ).

I started the last few days with painting the blue parts of the helmet and will probably today go on with the chrom.
Also many thanx to BKBT, who helps me out on getting those pinstrips. He's really a great mandalorian! (y)

Also the blasters are almost finished. I only screwed up with the gold parts on the barrel as the color sticked more to the tape than to the ground. But I guess some hand-finishing should take care of it.

Also Francis finished the backplate for my armor and the painting of the cod piece (which is from a UK propmaker). He and especially his girlfriend, which did the paint- and weatheringjob , did an extraordinairy awesome work! (y)
I can't wait to lay my hands on it when the complete armor arrives about early next week. Yahooo! :lol:

AND yesterday the leather for the ammopouches/belt & the holsters arrived. It's a real smooth and fine piece, which will be (if I don't screw up) turned into the most screen-accurate piece of my costume I guess.
Beware Seeker! I'm coming! ;)

blasters almost there.JPG

backplate.jpg

leather raw.jpg

:lol: with all these progress pics I think I now now more about how your Jango is fitted together then my own freakin Boba :p

kiddin

awesome dude, I personally can't wait to see the end product... although the thing that strieks me most is the time rate ur doing this in... lord... ive been busy for 2 years on my Boba, and it still sucks here and there.. mostly here... while yours absolutly rocks.

Just a lifesign to proove that I didn't give up. :)

Although I really had troubles with my helmet.
As I wanted to paint the chrom last weekend, I taped all the blue areas. But as I did I ran out of masking tape and due to being the weekend there wasn't a store open still. So I thought I'd use usual tape, that should keep the paint away from the masked parts as well.
...well it did, but the bad side of the story, while removing that tape all of the glue sticked to the helmet! :eek:
It took me many many hours during this weeks to get all those glue marks off (the only thing that works without damaging the paintjob is plant oil, but it takes an awful lot of time!).
It's almost done now (only just a lil work to do on the back) and my nerves are quiet on the edge concerning the helmet! :angry But I think, it doesn't look too bad now. Will add another thin coat of chrom after all cleaning is done (because it got a lil bit dull while cleaning) and the pinstripes (thnx Vince) and install the rangefinder.

But besides I started to cut the pieces for the belt&holster. The pieces for the pouches look already great. At least one thing seem to turn out as planed after all.

Bild 0111.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@ askywalker98: No, I'd love to, but sadly there is no rub-n-buff in Germany. :cry And as my budget for my Jango is on the edge already, I can't order some from the US right now.
But I think covering it with slightly more weathering than usual, it should look quit good as well.

Well then goodluck with that! I hope it all works out for you even without rub n buff! You could try looking into these Alcad II paints people have been talking about. Not sure the price on that though. Goodluck!

Thanx. But as far as I know, no Alcad either in germany (that really sucks! :angry There are so many parts and stuff hard or never to get here, for which you guys simple have to go to a superstore.)

Anyway, as I'm not to happy with the bucket itself, I guess there will be a Jango 1.1 someday with a new one, which will be then rub-n-buffed. ;)

The bucket looks good man! Don't expect your first Jango to look like SEEKER's! I mean, check out my original Jango!
jango-costume3.jpg

Oh yes, it was very beautiful... LOL JK

Anyways now I have made some serious upgrades. It just takes some serious patience. Just stay focused and don't shoot for SEEKER accurate and doom yourself to failure. He has spent many MANY hours (atleast, I'm pretty sure he has) making his costume what it is today. Just dont loose your love for the costume! Goodluck!

Remember man! It is all about fun! Besides . . . .I have a picture with you and some hot trooper chic . . .Mmmmmmm.

I do admire your Fett by the way!

askywalker98 said:
The bucket looks good man! Don't expect your first Jango to look like SEEKER's! I mean, check out my original Jango!
jango-costume3.jpg

Oh yes, it was very beautiful... LOL JK

Anyways now I have made some serious upgrades. It just takes some serious patience. Just stay focused and don't shoot for SEEKER accurate and doom yourself to failure. He has spent many MANY hours (atleast, I'm pretty sure he has) making his costume what it is today. Just dont loose your love for the costume! Goodluck!

Wasp said:
(that really sucks! :angry There are so many parts and stuff hard or never to get here, for which you guys simple have to go to a superstore.)

same here... the netherlands, like for my boba wookiee braids, everyone sais: go to craft stores an get em for under 5 dollars... first off, I dont even know what kind of store a "craft"store is...I dont think anyone here will say "hey thats a .... store" If I translate it literly... that happens with so many things... when it comes to my costume, I can determine more parts in english then I can in dutch.

lookin good by the way :cheers

Thanx guys for your supportive quotes! That's really nice and that's what I think makes TDH so special. Here goes one (y) for you all.

@askywalker98: ...at least you should have taken the orange caps of... ;)
Well, of course I know, that reaching Seekers standards is quit impossible for a 1.0. But I'm kinda lazy, so I try to hit the mark as good as possible by the first try, so I don't have to do it again. ;)
and although I'm a prop newbie, I'm building small modellkits for years now, so I'm already infected with the accuracy-and-detailobsession-virus for long. :lol:

@lilburndiablo: sure it's for the fun, but it still could be sometimes frustrating if something doesn't work out as you planned. But I admit, these are only short moments (in which I would throw everything straight out of the window) and then the work goes on.
Without wanting to get philosophical: Isn't that what's life is all about? Overcoming every obstacle and leave it with a smile behind? 8)

@R_boba_fett: Same here. Ever tried to explain to some one what a flare nut should be in your own language? I'm now always printing out a picture of those parts to show the people, that often helps.

For the progress on my Jango:
I finally finished the ammopouches! They look absolutly great! I checked with as many original pics I could find and glued them completly, as the original as well seem to have no sewing or riveting at all. Will post some pics later if the holster is finished too. I dare to say, those pouches might even be nearly to being Seeker-approved. I love them.
The holster is almost finished. I discovered some new (to me) details from the original and did mine the same. Perhaps after I'm done I might set up a mini-tutorial with some templates or so, if somebody's interested.

I got also the genuine leather for the vest today. It's fantastic. Judging from the original pics, the material hits the nail right on its head. Will start on it Friday and pray that I won't screw it up, as the leather is so perfect.

16 days to go on this countdown. It sure will be a close call. ;)

:D ow youve gotten this far!!! keep going!!! and keep posting pics!!! :cheers

hmm.. I'm doing some final details on my suit aswell... but not having to do as much as you do though... just wish that bloody scope would get here :angry

OK. Here comes a scan as template for the holster.

You will be needing 4 of these parts (two like this and two mirrored) as I noticed that the original belt seems to be smooth-sided on both sides (to the interior and to the back), which is with only one piece as far as I know impossible (as every piece of genuine leather always has a smooth and a rough side).So I suppose they have simply glued two mirrored pieces together (and if you look carefully, the backplate of the holster looks a bit thicker and "sandwiched" than the other leather parts like pouches etc.).

I used as an original model the rubies holster (don't laugh!), and modified the lines to match the look of the original and also prolonged it about an inch so the replica westars should fit well into it too. By checking the size optically on myself (as I'm about same as tall as Tem) compared to promo shots I think it should be the right size and length (sure, the backplate seems bare a little bit wider than the original holster, but remember, after attaching the upperside there will be about .5mm glued flat on the edges so the volume of the holster itself will look slimmer in the end).

By the way the measure marks are in cm not inch.

Jango holster template.jpg

:D I'm now an official Wasp fan!!

ur props just look great! an its great to be able to see so much progress pics.

:cheers good going on the cm... finally.. no calculations from cm to inch :lol:
:facepalm or teh other way round...

WOW! I HAVE MY FIRST FAN! (y)
That's really honey going down my throat that you do appreciate my work on my 1.0! so much.

To celebrate this I took a picture of the finished ammobelt and the "almost there" holster for you. :cheers
It's not of good quality and the belt&holster does look far better in real (also the leather isn't as "redish" as it seems on this pic).
But there will be some high quality pics coming after the premiere for the whole Jango then.

Thanx again guys. It's really fantastic to get all your support!

...hmm, thinking about "Official Wasp fan" T-shirts... :lol:

FETTBEL.jpg

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back