My Jango 1.0 build-up Countdown to EP III (pic-heavy!)

The helmet comes from a recaster called chris hull,who used to work under the name of 'ozprops' until he got banned from ebay for not delivering,but now selling thru a pal of his called 'dakamOz".
It's a 'filled in' recast of an altmann's.
And,i know what you mean about the ears.............

pm me for more details,if you like,although,i suspect it's a little too late.

Last edited by a moderator:
:D wwhoooo keep it up Wasp!!! You'll make it!!!

wwhoo, gettin into the EP 3 feeling like this huh?
I'm going to the dutch/belgium Line-Up here in the netherlands, 2 day event... kinda feel the pressure an stuff... I LOVE IT!!
finished just in time though, you can do it aswell Wasp!!(y) (y)

Sorry no time for pics, but tomorrow you'll get some, I promise.
As for the progress:
Holster attached to the Rope belt and filled with blasters. ;)
Kneearmor straps modified with a clip-closure, and darts attached and filled.
Shoearmor straps attached and glassfibred.
Half of the T-Visor carefully hotglued into the helmet (man, that's a painstackingly slow process!).
Some minor progress on the jet pack.

That's it for now.

By the way, thanx guys. I'm happy you like the vest. But much of the credit ows my mother as she did all the sewing.

..if hotglue fails, u could try to screw it on the helmet. CAREFULLY !!! and sand up the peaks.

but it isn't a good idea to do that after the paintjob....

here is a pic of my visor.

CamPic1.jpg

Thanx Francis. But I already hotglued it on.
Today was a bussy one. Most time spent on the helmet:
Visor finished, chrom painted, helmet patting to fit my head installed, keyhole grit attached (I like the grit version most, although it might not be screen-accurate), RF screwed on, earcap on RF glued on, pinstripes added, and attached the velcro for the leather gasket (not finished yet).
Will do weathering tonight as well as for the knee armor and the gauntlets.

Attached also all the velcro on the armor pieces and the vest.

A lot of work went also into the overall, for which I'm very grateful to my gf as she still sits right now on it, sewing.

As I can't do anything Tuesday, tomorrow is the final day for big stuff, so it's very doughtful that the jet pack will be finished in time, although I decided, that if I can finish the building of it I will prime it with one overall coat of black and then silver and will wear it in silver for the premiere, as finishing the right paintjob just takes too much time.

Hopefully more pics tomorrow for you.

helmet.JPG

holster.JPG

shoes.JPG

just a second post before going to sleep...

Thanx fellows. I can't say it often enough, it's really great to read all your encouraging responses after a hard day of work on my Jango. :cheers

After working deep into the night (night :confused it's 5am in the morning now! :wacko ), I finally finished my helmet including the weathering (which gracefully covered some paintjob flaws as well ;)).
Many thanx to all the gals and guys who's knowledge in this forum helped and inspired me, especially BKBT and Francis.

also almost finished the Overall and the armor attached to the vest (many kisses to my gf for both) and the weathering of the gauntlets and the knee armor.

Enjoy the pics (although the quality is bad as usual :lol: ).
Good Night/Morning/whatever...

PS: Marc, of course the Referance CD helped really a lot! I'm sorry I hadn't much time for ICQ lately. Anyway: THANX! you're great! (y)

helmet weathered front.JPG

helmet weathered right.JPG

helmet weathered back.JPG

helmet weathered left.JPG

overall.JPG

vest + armor.JPG

knee armor weathered.JPG

..WOWIE (y)

great job. i'm very impressed :eek: and i'm looking farward to see u wearing it.....

right on target (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
TAATAAA!!
I actually finished my Jango 1.0 today! (y)
Although the jet pack will not be finished till EIII, I reached the goal of this countdown, as a jet pack wasn't originally intended for my 1.0, but was added after I saw raptorarts.
I'm sorry if you have to wait a while longer before you get to see it, but I want to post some high quality pics of the complete Jango instead of the campics. :rolleyes
Also more details on the final costume, I will tell you later. As I have some familybusiness to attend till the premiere.

But as a small comfort for my TDHers, a shot from the jet pack in progress for you, just to show, why it takes so long and that I'm really determined to do the most screen-accurate cardboard/papermache jet pack up to date. ;)

Thank you all for all the help, encouragements and interest.
Arno (now officially a ;) )

jetpack grit.JPG

AAH!!! ITS INCREDIBLE!!! YOUR AMAZING!!! JUST BARLY MADE IT DUDE!!!!!!!!!! CANT WAIT TO SEE THIS THING!!! Awsome JP for last minuet scratchbuilt!! Get those pics taken and UP!!! Once again, KICKASS!!!

FINALLY!!! I got the pictures! (y) (y) (y)

Actually it was the first time I could see my Jango in his full glory myself. :D

To honor your patience and your encouragement throughout the countdown, now you finally get a bunch of pics of the finished Jango 1.0.
Hope you'll enjoy them. :cheers

PS: a couple more from the E3 premiere in the Sarlacc Pit.

Untitled-8.jpg

Untitled-4.jpg

Untitled-9.jpg

Untitled-15.jpg

Untitled-13.jpg

Untitled-6.jpg

Untitled-7.jpg

Jango by night.jpg

Untitled-10.jpg

Untitled-11.jpg

Untitled-12.jpg

Untitled-14.jpg

Thanx Francis. It was a great feeling to finally wear it after this nervbreaking countdown. ;)

As my Jango in this form would have never become reality, if it weren't for certain people, I want to thank:

my gf and my mom, for all the sewing and not wishing me to hell for it,

Francis and his gf, for the armor and the paintjob on it and a lot of advise,

the guy from my local leather store, who was always helpful if I needed some cutting or any advise for leatherworks,

BKBT, for helping me out with the pinstripes and the inspiration of his helmet build-up,

Skalen Fehl, for having the patience to send me the Jango Referances via ICQ,

Seeker, for his vest referances and his inspiration of a perfect Jango,

all TDHers, but especially askywalker98 and R_boba fett to name two, for their ongoing encouragements, help and inspirations throughout the countdown,

raptorarts, for being the one to blame, that I'll sit on that cardboard/papermache jet pack for the next time ;).

Mirax, for allowing me to have posted this thread for my Jango 1.0

THANK YOU! :cheers

PS: I hope I didn't forget anybody... :rolleyes

That's such a sweet Jango dude! And I feel great that you thanked me for supporting you throughout this campaign! If you ever upgrade, I would get a different bucket, although yours looks pretty nice right now! And also get armor that is more proportional to your body. The leg armor is awsome, but the chest armor could use a bit of help. I love it though! Very VERY SWEET!!!

Well, as the premiere is now a little ago and I did reach my goal for it. There's nothing more to do here...

...except for that ominous cardboard jet pack! :lol:

But as this thread was only meant as premiere countdown, I'm starting a new one specificaly for the jet pack, which will contain lots of step by step pics for every part which will ultimatly lead to the most-screenaccurate cardboard/papermache jet pack ever. ;)

However thanx again gals and guys for all your help and support! :cheers

...let's move on!

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back