My Jango 1.0 build-up Countdown to EP III (pic-heavy!)

NO! it's definitly not pink! I'm not doing a mango fett. :lol:

Just a better pic o a single ammopouch. It's still not exactly showing the real color (which is a little darker and the edges are not yellow but have the same color as the scanned template piece), but is better than the red/pink.

And finally my armor is complete! (y)
The fibreglass kneearmor from starfortress arrived and it's absolutly great!
Only flaw, they are a little bit too tight. :(

ammo pouch.JPG

knee pads.JPG

now lets see it all together man!!! cant wait!!!
ow an I thought you missed an ammo-pouch, because my belt (wich is actually a jango fett ammo-belt), has 8... so... before I posted... I went to take a look at my poster with Jango on it... and he has 7 pouches... now why on earth would my jango belt, used on my Boba... have 8??? (ordered through a guy from australia... I wanted to make leather one smyself... but 99 euros for a few square meters of leather.. an i wouldnt know if id screw up or not... so checked ebay, an this one was about 70 euros or so, with real workin pouches, velcro closure, but I'm thinking about replacing it with a rufkintoy ammobelt 1 day...)

Jep, seven is the right number. ...although...
In one of the promoshots I discovered that there seem to be another holding piece of the pouches on the belt on the left side, but without pouch.
Perhaps there were originally 8 of them, but they took one off or it fell off or simply looked too crowded? who knows?

As for the leather: 99€????
I got my piece (check the pic above on this thread) for only 30€ including postage via ebay. And even if I would have bought it in the leather store here, it wouldn't had cost more than 40-45€.
And you really don't need too much. a piece of 140x100(cm ;) will be way enough for the complete belt with pouches and the holster.

As for my progress:
Dammit! raptorarts really infected me with his cardboard/papermache jet pack!
I'm going to do one myself, so I will be complete even with a jet pack till EIII without blowing my budget up.
Will though do some modifications on it, so it shall be the most screenaccurate papermache jet pack ever! ;) (well, on the other hand, I would be proud of myself if it'll work at all :rolleyes )

And, I know, I am mean R boba fett, but there will be no "all together" pics until it's complete. Be pasioned my friend. Then you will get some high quality pics finally. :)

yippiyahyeh! I'm gonna geta jet pack! (y)

I was so fascinated with raptorarts cardboard/papermache jet pack, that I started my own on right away.
I started with collecting every measurement I could find about the pack in here (thanx again to TDH, a real treasure box). Then I was lucky to have a cardboard box around, from which I could cut out the whole basic mainbody in one piece and folded it as needed.
I was pretty suprised how accurate to the measures it turn out.

But the best above all: I really have some great fun with building it, as it reminds me of my childhood days, crawling and sitting on the ground and building huge (of course compared to a small childs size) spaceships out of cardboard boxes complete with cockpits and anything in which I loved to play. :)

cardboard jetpack 1.JPG

cardboard jetpack 2.JPG

Thanx Rick.
Well we'll have to see if it will become a classic or a piece of modern art (unrecognizable what it should be :lol: ).

And last but definitly not least: Thank you very much Seeker! (y)

more updates with pics tomorrow.

Dude this is turning out to be very awsome! And GOODLUCK with that jet pack. It was a living heck to make mine, but it feels so rewarding when you put it on for the 1st time, trust me. Goodluck dude!!! Here's a pic of my scratchbuilt. So many hours in this!!!!

memorystick2-10-05424.jpg

As promised a some new pics today:

the last two days I was at home at my parents, so I couldn't work on the jet pack further but will do so tomorrow.
However, with a lot of help of my Mom (basically she did all the sewing while I the cutting) the vest is now almost finished now (of course the velcro is missing). It turned out great me thinx :D (thanx again to Seeker for his referances).

I'm very happy to announce that I also found by accident a pair of great Jango shoes (The "silverstripes" are only testfitted tapestripes). See more on specific thread http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?p=109884#post109884

10 days to go...

vest 1.JPG

Jango dockers 3.JPG

Dude you are going to have this costume done in time! This is coming together so rapidly and it's not sloppy! Congradulations on the shoe find, and that vest looks AWSOME! I can see a young jet pack in that 1st pic. Once again, goodluck!!!!

Thank you for your appreciation. It's always encouraging, especially when not everything turns out as planned.

However...
Good news everyone!:
The technique of Rednave worked pretty well on my knee armor.
I also used the same method on the PVC shoearmor to fit them perfectly to the new shoes. The PVC gets bendable like a piece of thick rubber after one minute in the oven and can be formed exactly into the shape beneath.

Wouldn't it be for the burned skin that technique would be great to shape a roman centurions chest/belly armor piece (of course only if you have a sixpack-muscles shape ;) )...

And as I hadn't got the time for some further progress with some pics, how about this new developed dart-armed shoe armor?
Well, I guess, if you're unlucky while firing those darts, you'll hit some vital parts of yourself. :lol:

strange shoe armor.JPG

Lol dude your crazy! Almost 9 more days to go! NO PRESSURE!!! I'm jk man I'm sure you will have everything together just fine in time. Goodluck!

Wow, you're costume is coming along very nicely, very quickly! I look forward to seeing the finished product!

You said that your knee dart's bands are permanently glued? Does this mean you have to wear them outside your pants? I know it seems like a dumb, obvious question, but I'm curious if this is your intention.

8 days and NO PRESSURE??? wahahaha :lol:
just kidding. I'm not sure about the jet pack, but finally I have all the materials and parts to finish my Jango.
Although nothing is "really" finished yet, I think it should work out.

@ Skalen Fehl: Jep, they are originally intended to be worn above the suit. But as I'm already infected with that suspicous Seeker-virus, I will cut the band and sew a clip-closure to them and will wear them through a hole under the suit.

Thanx so much Seeker.
You don't know how much it means to a newbie to get a compliment from the man himslef! (y) ;)

just as life sign, that I'm still around.

4 days left and still an awful lot of work to do.

The last few days weren't very productive. Tried to glue on the Visor, but it didn't worked well, so I have to do it again (I'm hoping that my nightmare won't come true ;) ). The straps for the shoearmor I attached with glassfibre filler, but unfortunatly I didn't use enough hardener to reach the critical point of kicking off the hardening process... so another thing to do twice.

However I finished finally he tholsters and the boots and found the cardboard mainbody for the jet pack.

Tomorrow will be a busy day, with hopefully more things finished and new pics for you to see.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back