Zammer's confirmed for C3?

Yeah... I know what you mean about C2 ... I didn't get to see much either - but I still had a blast. I'm hoping this time I'll get to see more.

Weddings: By my reckoning - what's listed on your posting in any case... you've got 1 year, 2 months, 3 weeks and 4 days to take care of all those details. In other words, don't worry about it! :)

Unfortunately I have to worry. There are weeks where I don't eat because I can't afford to go grocery shopping. Money is that tight. It really sucks. I'd love to go, but unless someone wants to pay my way, it isn't going to happen. :(

Hi All,

Unfortunately I have had pretty much zero time to be around any forums for the last two years but am looking forward to seeing all the Zams at CIII! (Grad school has ruined my propping life! :( )

I wasn't planning to bring my Zam costume (it is in need of serious repairs) but I didn't know Leeanna was going to be there...Hmmm...

:) Kim

Kimmy had these same thoughts last year for Dragon Con...refused to go cause of money, etc. (and she again says she's not going to Dragon Con this year as well) So for last years Dragon Con I DID pay for her whole trip so she could go cause I really wanted her to be there.

Now with just coming back to work after 3 months off on medical leave, I really couldn't afford to pay for both of us to attend another big con, but I really wanted to go so I made some costume parts for 501st people right as I was going back to work to help catch up with my bills and to pay for my C3 pass and hotel. Yeah, she was upset for a bit but she came up with a plan for my share of wedding bills which I agreed to so things have been smoothed over as far as the wedding bills go. That's my rebuttal for the night. ;)

I know she's torn cause she wants to go to C3, but also needs to save money badly so that's her right. I know we'll all miss her there but she's there in spirit. Plus she already has a Zam figure that is signed by Leanna that says "To Kimmy: You ROCK!" so that's cool too. :lol:

Awe!! Too bad we couldn't get her there. Andy and Kimmy, you want me to just give you all your "Z stuff" when I see Andy?

Awww... we know you two will work out those wedding details! :D

It just sucks that the convention costs so much! :( We know she'll be there in spirit - screaming at the site of every Darth Maul she sees! ;)

Moncal,
I am glad your wifey is participating in the costume contest... Whooohoo! There to represent!!! Be on the look out for us cheering you guys on. I would have participated, but being preggers, bah... I just wanna see if I can squeeze my bulging self into the costume for the 501st pic on Sunday :lol: It's gonna be hilarious. (if they'll let me, I will stick out like a pregnant purple thumb!) Do you have to submit an application to participate in the contest? Just wondering.

Zam I Am said:
Moncal,
I am glad your wifey is participating in the costume contest... Whooohoo! There to represent!!! Be on the look out for us cheering you guys on. I would have participated, but being preggers, bah... I just wanna see if I can squeeze my bulging self into the costume for the 501st pic on Sunday :lol: It's gonna be hilarious. (if they'll let me, I will stick out like a pregnant purple thumb!) Do you have to submit an application to participate in the contest? Just wondering.

That's cool. It'll be good to finally meet up! There was an entry form for the contest. It's been closed for a while. They took 75 contestants.

Totally cool. BTW, if your moon piece greeb doesn't hang right, you can put in a leather backing piece as like a "spacer." to give it a lift. Hope your wifey gets placed... It would mean a lot to me, and I am sure the seamstress, and JD too ;)

Zammers I encountered...woohoo, tag- gotcha on pic!

The Wookie - BTW congrats in the Costume Pageant !
DSC01236.jpg

Kim(nCris)-Glad to finally meet the first C2 Zammer :)
DSC01120.jpg

Maul Maus- We've waited for this pic, since D'con-two years ago!
DSC01214.jpg

Iceheart - Glad to meet ya!
501stredhglght.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And such a lovely picture of me it is too! ;) Yikes! Can't believe it took 2 years!!! I've got one too that I'll post soon - ZIA in her "Preggers" costume! :D

You mean my tan one ? ;)
Here are some I got...
DSC01216.jpg

Me and a really great Anakin

DSC01219.jpg

Me and Shannon McRandle

DSC01159.jpg

My shot of the actual costume.

I made both my brooch and middle piece out of sculpey. It broke really easily, so I hotglued it again at CIII to give it some more support. I am at 23 weeks preggers, so I felt totally cool making this. $44.00 for the boots, $36.00 for the fabric,interfacing, thread and pattern, $3 for muslin, $10 for the sculpey and pin backings and faux gems, and $17 for the pants at kohls. I had the leather and dye from the zam project. Cheapest costume I ever made and it only took 1 week! (2 days to sew and figure out re-making the pattern- as a newb to sewing entire garments)

I'm in the group shot too! I'm the Boushh next to Dengar! LOL

I happened to run into Yvonne as well, heading into the dealer room but I can't get the dumb link to work. :rolleyes

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back