TRASH CAN ARMOR! *PICS*

Thank u sooooo much for sharing this idea.

I have literally knocked down what i believe to be the hardest part of the costume IMO

thanks to ur trash can idea.

hey, this trash can armor looks AWESOME....i kno u have all heard that a thousand times, but really...that is innovative. now i have a question, i am about 5'8" 185 lbs. what size should the armor peices be for my vest? and what else can be made from these trash cans?

Jango_Kast said:
hey, this trash can armor looks AWESOME....i kno u have all heard that a thousand times, but really...that is innovative. now i have a question, i am about 5'8" 185 lbs. what size should the armor peices be for my vest? and what else can be made from these trash cans?

Check out wizard of flights Blueprints thread. It has all sizes.
cut them out on paper or cardboard first to test fit.
Use your imagination. You can make anything out of trash cans. It's just a cheaper plastic than normally used sintra.

ah-ha! thanks for the info. i just ordered a rubies jango helmet today (yuck), but its a start....but what about gauntlets? i am also looking for a flak vest to put the armor on and lastly i'd like to get holsters, any ideas?

I must say, this is a FANTASTIC idea with awesome aesthetic results! I have a question though. would it be better/easier if I cut the armour plates out with a dremel?

Last edited by a moderator:
some more motivation then... as my dremmel (Ferm) was invaluable in the Fett process.

make sure to wear safety glasses!!! the chunks of molten plastic will be flying around your head :lol:

dremmeld.JPG

R_boba_fett said:
some more motivation then... as my dremmel (Ferm) was invaluable in the Fett process.

make sure to wear safety glasses!!! the chunks of molten plastic will be flying around your head :lol:

ooh, I saw your codpiece on another thread! Awesome! I love your back plate, too! How did you make it out of just a trash can? Was there any reshaping involved?

:love I'LL BE DAMNED!!! :eek:

This is the kind of stuff that happens when you're not around that much as you used to. Man, KUDOS to all of the guys who were brave enough (still GENIUS) to come up with the idea of the Trash Can Armor. Never thought of that before.

:cheers (y)

My resolution, try to use snaps or armor. The magnets won't hold firmly, and you'll miss a couple of magnets in the process (believe me), and the second most reliable is VELCRO, but also has it's draws, specially in the outer corners. Otherwise...NICELY DONE, guys! (y):)

Robert

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually used a home depot bucket, only downside is making the back plate is hard to do. My first version was made out of sheet metal, that took a lil more work.
normal_dxmas05_021.jpg
This is a semi good picture of the sheet metal converted to custom mando works great on battledamaging!

Dav'sa Arman said:
ooh, I saw your codpiece on another thread! Awesome! I love your back plate, too! How did you make it out of just a trash can? Was there any reshaping involved?

well I made 2 cuts and folded them together, then put 2 bolts through it and bondoed it together... looks ok :)

I want to make my first attempt at this perfect. Judging from the pictures I'll post, are the chest plates at a good angle or should I draw the template at a more diagonal angle to fit the curviture like the one on the first post?

P1010048.gif

P1010047.gif

Dav'sa Arman said:
Nice! Could I see pics?

I can attempt to post some soon, but i didn't keep them straight plastic, i've been fiberglassing over them, and i'm not completely finished. But that looks like the same oval bucket i used and the same type of angles i set my templates on

-=QuinN!

Can the plastic be heated up to be better formed to the body once it has been cut out, without warping or melting? This is an awesome idea...I cant wait to try this out.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back