TRASH CAN ARMOR! *PICS*

I concur Judz...fully. Yay! Go Team Whitey!

judz dwedd said:
What an intensely resourceful idea. That armor looks great.

My only concern would be getting paint to bond well to that type of plastic. I guess it doesn't need any paint if you go with the white mando thing.

yeah I saw this idea and it was like BRILLANT!!! I gotta tell you Fist that is the most brillant idea i have ever seen. :)

I will be starting on mine this friday coming up :)

I am definately doing this, the cheep-ness of sintra (compaired with aluminium) and the durability of aluminium!
I'll buy my cans next time I'm at the store!

OK. See what you started? :lol:
Now I just need to find some templates I like (and can figure out how to print properly.) After a couple calls to some local sign makers, I was able to find a place willing to sell me some sintra for the other armor parts. (I finally started telling them it was for an art project. Then the guy became really helpful telling me how easy it was to shape when you use a heat gun.) I have a week of vacation next week, so I should have some progress pics.

trash1.jpg

ABSOLUTLY BRILLIANT!

I think this might be the answer two my size problem. I've been having a really hard time finding armor that fits a fat guy like myself. Now...all I have to do is find a trash can that's round and wide enough. :lol:

I think, my friend you may be responcible for a new technique that will help hundreds if not thousands of fat people achieve their Mandalorian Armor Dreams.

We should call this the Dollar Technique. (y)

Now, I just have to find templates my size.

Hey guys, thought I'd chime in here. This can idea is PURE GENIUS!

Also, if you want to paint it, and are worried about the paint holding, there is a paint brand called PLASTI-COAT. You can find it in most paint stores (Home or auto). I used it on softball helmets. YOU KNOW what a beating they can take. We used the plasti-coat primer then normal paint. It holds up great. Those helmets went 3 years before they needed touch ups. Shoot me a PM if you want more info.

Hope I could help...

Cool im going to get my trash cans tommorow.But how can you trase the armor out? I think it would be kind of hard. well on my clock its 39 more minutes till tommorow so.bye

One way to get the template onto the can would be to use a spray adhesive and spray the can, then stick the armor printout on it

a hair dryer and hobby knife and my wife is being cheap :( but i like it so far i just got my shoulder armor, and back armor left to cut out, and my mid armor i guess lol

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back