TRASH CAN ARMOR! *PICS*

I love it... it looks great and its easy on the wallet. How did you attach it to the vest though?

I've read that some people have used good pieces of Velcro, and other than that, I'm not sure how else to attach this type of plastic to a vest or flight suit. There might be more answers to that in a vest thread...
I'm going to first try Velcro myself.

I'll pm ya, Maddmudder:cheers

My armor!!! no bells yet though, currentley cutting them out;) please note: i did NOT have the patterns at the time i cut it out. i still think it looks decent though :) BTW GREAT idea!!!!! its inexpensive and easy to do! probobly took me 5-6 hours total. still needs some minor shaping, and painting. It might turn out as custom, i might do boba.

that looks like a great starting point frerr

Aside from the helmet, the shoulder parts are the first armor pieces I'm working on. I agree that they are a good starting point--smaller, easier to work with, and nice to test out your paint ideas.

got my chest, and belly, no shoulder bells or collar yet, I painted it with krylon plactic fusion paint, sticks good. :)

Since my color scheme is Black Silver and Purple, I think a Purple pleather vest is in order, but how to make a vest? I'm not a seamstress 8)

FILE0050.JPG

Once I get my cardboard guantlets in bondo I'm going to get started on these! Just a few questions.

Has anyone tried glassing and putting bondo on them for more thickness? And has anyone been 501st approved with these. With those two questions I'm ready to get started! This is an awesome idea and I'm all for it!

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back