Help with helmets

Recently i started my jango fett project. Although i haven't found how to's on jango i have used some boba fett tutorials and applied the same on to jango. well i started off making card board stencils for the armor and decided to make the whole armor out of sintra. the problems is i can't find a good jango helmet. each time i search i get the same pic of the same helmet. ebays not helpin me. also i woul like to see pics on a jango helmets and prices if not oh well. im thinking about making one my self but not sure if sintra is good or if i should use another material. also my budget isnt very high probably $110 or less, so if any of you know where there is some decent material thats not expensive post. if you guys wanna see the card board armor wait a little... gotta find my digital camera. its in my house somewhere...

AAre you talking $110 for just the bucket? Or for the entire suit? If it's $110 for the bucket, you could get a M_S I blieve it is (I'm not really good with all the different buckets around here, so if someone could correct me if I'm wrong, or back me up, I would appreciate it). I think the M_S's go for something right around $100. If your looking at $110 for the entire suit, look for a Rubies and mod it heavily. You can get a decent looking bucket out of a rubies. Search the boards here for rubies jango buckets and you should come up with some good and helpful stuff. Goodluck!

im talking about the helmet. for a helmet my price range is $110. no more nnot even a penny!(well maybe a penny but no more!) the costume is already under way i just need to get a decent helmet. yea i had heard about the M_S helmet but wasn't to sure about the price. thanks for letting me know...but im wondering maybe i should make my own helmet, i always like to try something new once in a while and making a helmet is definately new to me. we'll see how it turns out.

The M_S helmet is very nice. How tall are you and how big of a head do you have? 2 very important questions when deciding on a helmet. I had to opt for an M_S simply because I am 6'2" and weigh around 250 lbs and have a large Scottish head. The M_S is proportionate to my height and build, but for someone smaller, it may make you look like a bobble head.

well im not tall... im about 5'6'' (give or take an inch) im slightly overweight but that doesn't bother me im 180. my head is about 23'' round 10'' tall at least i hope that helps, i guess my head is average, well at least its proportionate to my body.

At 5'6", the M_S (while it's quality is awesome) might not be the best suited for your needs. The JD Jango helmet might be a better fit. BTW, JD also makes killer fiberglass Jango armor as well.

oh yea before i forget... pics of the cardboard armor stage will be coming up soon. i just gotta find out how to get the pics in my computer. BTW i tried making a jango cardboard helmet and i gotta say i give great respect for those of you making/ painting helmets. it's really a hard job. But seeing this is my first attempt of making a helmet its ok. but then again it is card board.

R_boba_fett said:
Rubies Jango helemt is teh cheapest but very well looking helmet...
i always thought rubies were..well crap...although thats just rumors i would appreciate some pics of a jango rubies just to make sure. i want to get a good helmet.

You might try checking ebay and see if you can't find a boba helmet for that price that you can convert. Kits come up from time to time that do go for cheap. You can also post a want to buy ad in the Cargo Hold too.

well i checked ebay but have been told by numerous people (non-fett fans) that say they don't trust ebay. but i took your advice and found some good ones but was over my budget. ill try the cargo hold soon. who knows what i'll find...

well for some reason pics won't show but i can fix that later. today i just recieved my sintra and will be starting the long journey of a jango costume...

Man, I remember beginning my quest to begin building my Jango back in winter 2003. I'm just about done, too. It has been quite a ride. If you go to CIII, I'll be wearing my new Jango, and possibly a clone trooper. There are quite a few different types of clone troopers in episode three. I have the armor, but locking down some leads for a decent helmet. I may just shelf it completely for a while. Best of luck to you

Skalen Fehl said:
Man, I remember beginning my quest to begin building my Jango back in winter 2003. I'm just about done, too. It has been quite a ride. If you go to CIII, I'll be wearing my new Jango, and possibly a clone trooper. There are quite a few different types of clone troopers in episode three. I have the armor, but locking down some leads for a decent helmet. I may just shelf it completely for a while. Best of luck to you

Thanks. Quite frankly i've never been in a convention before for one i don't know how to get tickets. two...well im not sure there was even a two... any way all i gotta do is finish the armor. i was willing to convince my loving mother into sewing the jumpsuit and vest. which i think is hard but for my mother she said it will only take her a week! so pretty much my job is to cut the arnor, mold the armor, paint the armor, and weather the armor. same goes for the helmet. people say not to rush but i think i can finish my jango project right as soon as May starts. and thanks best of luck for you too in finding a helmet.
Regards The-Dark-Knight-

I reciently started modding my armor and decided to scrap the whole thing and start new. i got a lot of my old stuff off of ebay.....as long as the seller is a good one you are usually safe. i scrapped my old rubies (don't laugh people:p ) but now i'm going with a custom fiberglass armor kit that i have to mold and make myself. after i did the helmet in the new fiberglass it looked amazing. i wuld recommend that if you know anythng about fiberglass to make the suit out of that and sintra because it looks better than anything i have ever seen.

sorry its been awhile since i posted. didn't know if any one was still checking this one out...well...let seee i DID get a helmet offer but declined since i didn't have enough money. i dont want to share names in post so pm if you could.i also beleive the person sold his helmet on ebay...so my suggestion would be to check ebay...if you find nothing make a thread like i did and ask...you will probably have more luck than me...but if none of these work i suggest making your own helmet. it might seem hard (and let me tell you it is) but its worth the time and could be cheaper than some other helmets. im currently in the process of making my own and in the middle of creating the cheek bones. also you could go to www.tk409.com/fett.html im sure he can help you better than me... well for those who say fiberglass is better...yes it is but...its also exspensive thats why im using sintra, cheaper. enough said ill post more later...

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back