My BKBT Jango FEtt Bucket! (Pic Heavy!)

WOW!! That is Beautiful. Great paint job. What is alcad? And can you clear coat it with out it going grey on you? I gota get me some of that.:D

Thanks much guys, I meant to update this thread with some more info this weekend ,but got busy working on my ROTJ Vader. I'll drop some pics on here today of the finished weathering!
I was not a big fan of the rub'nbuff so I used this Alclad paint!
Also the Blues are not of the "American Classics" variety, but hand mixed and matched to a ref. photo I have. I left a formula for the color in BKBT's "helmet build up" post!;)
For the Alclad II info go to www.alclad2.com or should be available at your local hobby store where RC cars/planes can be had! It is expensive for what you get ,but comes in a variety of "metal" finishes and is also available by bottle ( for airbrush) or spray Can (for those without airbrushes!).
You Can Clear Coat it ,however this does Dull it down some!
I'll have more info for you guys here later this afternoon! thanks much for the comps.;)
sincerely, shunned/BH-8899

Mirax H,
Depends on what you mean by scratch!
For weathering: it works ouyt pretty good as I took a Scotchbrite pad to put in the "brushed" alluminum look and depending on how heavy you want to weather, the harder you should scrub.
If you mean resiliance: It is a thin paint! By nature it is of an almost water/thinner consistancy, however applied in several coats on top of a GOOD High Gloss Black Base it handles very well! I would'nt toss it across the stones or nothing like that of course unless you intended to Top coat it first!;) Then again would we do that anyway?LOL
Hope this answers you question!?LMK
sincerely, shunned/BH-8899

Shunned, dude you need to send those pictures to Alclads site...That looks more impressive than the ones they have! Sweet looking bucket!

Yup, sure does. What about water- does it ruin it at all like if it got water drops on it or something like that? It really looks beautiful. Wondering if this would be do-able for armor- I love how it has the brushed aluminum look with the scotchbrite. Awesome work.

Mirax H said:
Yup, sure does. What about water- does it ruin it at all like if it got water drops on it or something like that? It really looks beautiful. Wondering if this would be do-able for armor- I love how it has the brushed aluminum look with the scotchbrite. Awesome work.

Water is not a problem Mirax-H. I've got caught in the rain before for very brief periods of time and have not had any problems! All my armor is painted with this same paint!:) More Pics coming as soon as I can grab some!
Thanks MiraxH!(y)
TTYL, shunned/BH-8899

Absolutly awesome.
I would be glad if mine will turn out as half as good as yours.

I'm not sure if you mentioned it, but is it alcad chrome or (polished) alluminum?

Thnx
Arno

im seriously debating on painting my armor and helmet in the alclad II as well.

wasp,
shunned mentioned in another post that he used the chrome but im interested in seeing how the polished aluminum might look too.

Can the Jango bucket be too shiny?

Chrome paint 026.jpg

Chrome paint 032.jpg

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back