ESB jet pack color question

TK1776

Active Hunter
ESB jetpack color question

Hey Fetts,

I have always believed that on the tops and bottoms of the fuel tanks, they were painted maroon. I just got an ESB large bust that had them painted mustard yellow. Which one is correct? I'm about to paint my new jet pack and want to get this right. Thanks!

The very tips, at least on the left side top- looks to be a redish color, not sure about the other sides.

Last edited by a moderator:
In every photo that I have including that one I see a yellow. I just used the UP armor yellow that is used for the knees and weathered accordingly. :)

hm, there aren't any real good pics of the movie used props are there? I mean, the best photo's are all from MoM or AOSW tour.

cause i personally think teh original jet pack of return of the jedi was the broken one during all the footage for jedi (ya know with the scratch in the center) so either the MoM is a recast of teh ESB jet pack or the original ESB jet pack repainted... am i makin sense here... just a theory...

but bout the yellow dots... i really cant make it out, it looks liek it though, but before i paint myn, do you have more footage?

They look yellow-ish to me.

ESB - FETT IN BESPIN HALLWAY 02.jpg

R_boba_fett said:
cause i personally think teh original jet pack of return of the jedi was the broken one during all the footage for jedi (ya know with the scratch in the center) so either the MoM is a recast of teh ESB jet pack or the original ESB jet pack repainted... am i makin sense here... just a theory...

There was pretty much no need for that as they made SEVERAL jet packs even before the filming of ESB. I can count at least 4 or 5 unique packs that are still around. Though, I think it's more than possible that a few ESB packs were repainted Jedi colors.

Oh, and yes, it's definitely a yellowish-mustard like color.

Ok, why does this look red in one picture and its yellow in the other, is the wall doing that?

It's just the lighting....I watched ESB on Saturday afternoon and specifically stopped the DVD and frame-by-framed all the Fett scenes and the tops of the jet pack are definitely a yellowish mustard,with appropriate weathering of course. The weathering is what's giving folks the impression of red,to match the other highlights possibly or that it is a brownish color.

Steve

Yes, in the above cap ,it's the wall, which is rust red color, reflecting off the yellow giving it a slightly red hue.

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back