Jet Pack detail question?

Rednave

Well-Known Hunter
Jetpack detail question?

I'm building a new rocket assembly for my jet pack and I was wondering how many 'vents' or grooves there are on the base piece of the assembly? I'm talking about the red circular end of the main yellow tank that is the base of the 2 upper parts of the rocket assembly. Looking at the pics I'm thinking there are 15 of them but I need some opinions. Thanks!

tank.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My second generation MB pack has 12 of them. Not sure if it is accurate or not, but it looks good.

Rednave said:
I'm building a new rocket assembly for my jet pack and I was wondering how many 'vents' or grooves there are on the base piece of the assembly? I'm talking about the red circular end of the main yellow tank that is the base of the 2 upper parts of the rocket assembly. Looking at the pics I'm thinking there are 20 of them but I need some opinions. Thanks!
tank.jpg

Here's a good shot showing the Missle details you were asking about:
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/misc/tdh_ref/mom/06-16-2002/pages/MoM_2002-06-16_234.htm

To access the page you will need this:

Username: tdhmember
Password: ilovetdh

BobaFettish said:
My second generation MB pack has 12 of them. Not sure if it is accurate or not, but it looks good.

I've got the same pack too. I love it but always thought it was a little small. I was surprised that the rocket was reworked to be even smaller than the first MB pack. I'm building a larger rocket for it now. I've always wanted to build a bigger more accureate movie-sized pack and I figure I may as well once I get my new rocket finished.

thanks for that pic propsculptor. I wish there was one that showed the entire piece from above so we could just count the vents.

You are welcome Rednave, I'm happy to help as many have helped me.

From all of the reference pics I have seen it looks like 12 is correct.

i'm certain there are more than 12 on the movie jet pack. This is the best pic I could find (thanks Brak's) of the part in question and I see 10 vents in this view. How many more do you figure are out of view?

toptank.jpg

I have UK Scouts blueprints and he has 20, but trying to estimate perspective and placement, I think there are 16. I'll try and check my SW Chronicles and see if that has a good shot tomorrow.

I have a drawing at home that might help. I took a reference photo from MoM and made an assumption that the main tube on the pack was 4" in diameter. I scaled the pic to this size, then measured the different sides of the details you are talking about. I drew up a nifty little image on graph paper based on the visible details and the dimensions that I measured. It is a view from the top. The details were evenly spaced, and it came out perfect! There were no odd spaces left over. Even if the scale on the pic is changed, the number of vents should remain the same. I'll scan it in when I get home. I think it will help you out.

I dont know but to guess I would have to say 18 becuase that pic is showing more than half of the circumerance.

cal196 said:
I dont know but to guess I would have to say 18 becuase that pic is showing more than half of the circumerance.

Ya, i agree check out this diagram. It's totally based on my guestimation but 18 seems like the right number unless there isn't an even number of vents. What do you all think?
tankdiag.jpg

Ok, the one picture with the link is from the MOM exibit.
There are definately less teeth on that one.
Is the posted pic from the AOSW suit?
That may be where the descrepency lies.
They could theoretically be different in number seeing as how they are different tour suits.

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back