ESB boba from a Rubies Jango Fett helmet

RBF

Well-Known Hunter
(to start, i've posted this pic 3 times now...is that allowed?? scrap the damn pics if it's not, and then i apologize )

anyways, I know Rubies produces crap... but is it really THAT bad... i mean, i wont say my helmet is good or anything...but i'd start crying if something happened to it...

compare.jpg

Well, the Jango is pretty much the only Rubies helmet that I could even hope to have fit my head. You dent looks decent and your paint job is awesome.

In other words, good on ya mate! I'd be proud to own a bucket as nice as that. Well done!

thnx 8)

well i did widen it a little, it was extremely splayed out in length, but the visor seems to hold the bunch together aswell. You know a way u can reinforce the whole thing? fiberglas or vacuum forming is out of teh question... if that was even obtainable here i would get myself a better armor set aswell...

Well, experience has taught me that using bondo on these things won't stick too well. (at least on the inside)

There are spray in truck liners but I've heard they smell badly.

I believe you can get a "triple thick" spray glaze in the spray paint section which might be a good, light reinforcement.

:) thnx for the advice, ill check the local store when i got the time, and money...

"guess I'll be on the hunt later this evening"

well theres got to be more of it out there... i mean... if i cna pull this of, I'm sure there are tons of people in the world who could do far better with even a Rubies...:)

hope to egt a MSH in teh future...gonna try air brush then aswell

I did the same thing! I ordered the Rubies helmet online and with a little dremeling, a new visor, a little primer and paint, it looks just like the original. I'm glad to see someone else had this idea, too.

great man! I'd love to see how urs came out, got any pics?? anyways, have you altered the right earpiece aswell?? it's different on Jango... so i had to redo that, kind of hard to do, but far from impossible :)

A Rubies helmet? You gotta be kidding me . That is the nicest looking Rubies ESB/conversion helmet I've seen so far. Great job.:)

Congratulations, man! This is by far the best Jango Rubies bucket I've seen. Have you used some parts of a DP helm? The earpiece isn't from A Jango Rubies.

*EDIT*
Well, is it really a Jango Rubies? The dome appears a little larger ...

actually, it is the Jango ear-piece, thats why they are a little to wide when you look at the helmet from the front, also note that the goldish piece just underneath the 2 pieces wich hold the antenna (the piece thats identical to the other ear-piece) is to short.

anyways, here's a short tutorial to what i did :)
this is not a photo from my own Rubies, but mine looked exactly the same.
heck.. cant post pics... hold on... checking

Best comparison i could make and best photo of the Jango unpacked I could find on the net, so it;s not the one I used, but it looks exactly the same as what I used for my Boba.

EDIT: up to date pic

past present.jpg

compare helmet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
T-Visor said:
*EDIT*
Well, is it really a Jango Rubies? The dome appears a little larger ...

Maybe because I'm lookin down a little?? The thing extends pretty far into the back, maybe that's why it appears bigger.

Need to make some shots of the helmet appart from the rest of the suit, under normal sunlight from all angles.... will get to it...

another thing that shows that it's the Rubies Jango helmet is the missing microphoon thingy on the right cheeck, Jango doesn't have one.

still need one from resin or something... or buy some cheap ass vinyl latex mask or something and cut that thing right clean outa it :p

Hey really good job there. You can make anything look great with a good paint job(y) or something good look poor with a bad paintjob.

If your looking to reinforce the helmet and are going to use fiberglass or Epoxy resin and a cloth, make sure that you sand the inside surface with a course grit sandpaper, like 80 or 100. Rough it up good.

PM your adress I'll send you a resin cheek greeblie.

MS

thnx, but I'm not that talented, look at steve de swedes stuff, tk-409, fett pride (or is that steve the swedes helmet?) etc etc.

got some of my drawings on a site aswell, all traditional art so no photoshopping and stuff.

http://r-boba-fett.deviantart.com/

think I'm better at drawing than at...what you call it? helmeting?? :p

atleast i'd like to think so

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back