Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    6 Days Ago - May 20, 2017, 8:54 AM - Re: Silver #11 Question #26

Is it ok to layer the krylon silver over the 147 enamel base? Or acrylics over enamels or vise versa? I am using humbrol enamels and am at the same stage as this.. Kinda starting to feel like I dont want to deal with all the thinners etc.. I get the feeling that after these base coats it gets a bit more fun but right now its been all stress so far
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    6 Days Ago - May 20, 2017, 9:37 AM - Re: Silver #11 Question #27

Regular Krylon sprays and Humbrol enamel are both oil-base paints, aka 'enamels', so they shouldn't have any bonding problems with one another. Just make sure the 147 is completely dry first, 48 hours preferred, as spray paints have some aggressive solvents in them can could damage the under-layer if it's not completely dried. If it starts wrinkling, then it wasn't dry enough. Can do a small section first to play it safe if you want.

If you do have to use an acrylic at any point though, as a general rule; enamels and acrylics can go over enamels, but enamels can rarely go over acrylics. Lacquer rarely goes over anything except itself.

(taken from http://www.naritafamily.com/howto/paint.htm)
    6 Days Ago - May 20, 2017, 9:51 AM - Re: Silver #11 Question #28

Quote Grimstuff said: View Post
    Regular Krylon sprays and Humbrol enamel are both oil-base paints, aka 'enamels', so they shouldn't have any bonding problems with one another. Just make sure the 147 is completely dry first, 48 hours preferred, as spray paints have some aggressive solvents in them can could damage the under-layer if it's not completely dried. If it starts wrinkling, then it wasn't dry enough. Can do a small section first to play it safe if you want.

If you do have to use an acrylic at any point though, as a general rule; enamels and acrylics can go over enamels, but enamels can rarely go over acrylics. Lacquer rarely goes over anything except itself.
    http://otakurevolution.com/storyimgs...aintMatrix.png
    (taken from http://www.naritafamily.com/howto/paint.htm)
    Wow that is must more detailed than I was expecting .. Thank you so much this will be super helpful.!