GMH eBay seller?

UMD S4L

Active Hunter
I found an auction for the GMH helmets on ebay by a user going by the name class.of.1984. Is this legitimate or is he a recaster? I've ben wanting one of those buckets for a while now but don't want to support scum and villainy.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a recast and it's picked up a dome distortion not present on the version made by Fettpride and those he has sold his moulds on to. I think Skyfire is the current producer.

I was going to say Slartibartfast as well, more than likely. he's been banned from here a few times, first for recasting, then for sockpuppet accounts. steer clear!

Yeah slarti/1984 and whatever the other names were but always based in Canada. This particular item encapsulates one of the key issues of recasting in that there is often a noticeable reduction in quality of the thing that is copied. Presumably he no longer has access to the donor helmet to produce better copies than this. Looks like the price has gone up too.

yea stay away for that guy!

Like was said, Skyfire is the one to contact for a GMH, his casts are nice fiberglass, you'll be very happy with his!

The link to my sales thread is in my signature, I am going to Celebration for some vacation, but after that you would be taken care of.

I bought a FP helmet from Class of 1984. It is a cold cast aluminum, it looks great. He had it on Etsy. No air bubbles, very smooth, form was good

I bought a FP helmet from Class of 1984. It is a cold cast aluminum, it looks great. He had it on Etsy. No air bubbles, very smooth, form was good

But the fact remains he recast the helmet without permission and produces lower quality copies that mislead many people..........the simple fact that he changes his name often should be enough of a red flag.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back