Blaster EE-3 stock wood species?

Gregory

Active Hunter
Anyone know what the original flaregun stock and grip are made from?

The reason I ask is I'm thinking of a fabrication run of real wood stocks, possibly grips too for folks building their own blasters.

Suggestions on pricing also welcome. Obviously a lot of factors, so opinions of pricing for unfinished vs. stained/sealed welcome.

The grips are made of brass if I recall. I'll check my notes on the grip and the stock wood.

- - - Updated - - -

Meh! My notes are CRAP!!!
I do believe brass is correct on the grip though.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. I posted this from my phone, should be in cargo hold?

Once you have your plan together and are ready to gauge interest, then I'd put a thread in the Cargo Hold.

The stock is walnut and the grip is indeed brass although I have seen some with Bakerlite grips. I don't know if those were replacements though. The ROTJ props are resin copies.

Pretty sure the stock is walnut with a black walnut stain and the grip im pretty sure is brass as a couple others have alreasy pointed out :)

Great information, thank you. I used cedar for my stock, in the interest of keeping it as light as possible. I'm wondering if others would want a lighter wood stock?

Been making one out of pine, its very light and easy to work with..... Balsa wood would be super ultra light weight but is so soft of a wood you can dent it with your finger nail....

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back