rubio95's GMH RotJ for Nighthawk5296

rubio95

Active Hunter
Oh, hello!

I just wrapped up my latest commission, so thought I'd put up a quick 'n dirty thread for it.

Nighthawk5296 is clearly a gentleman and a scholar, as he wisely chose the RotJ paint scheme. His base helmet was a cold-cast Asok (RIP) GMH, an excellent base from which to build a proper RotJ.

This particular GHM was a little rough around the edges, but a little elbow grease and the ol' family Dremel were able to make things work quite nicely.

I opted for one significant color change from other RotJ's, and as such, there is no Floquil Caboose to be found on this helmet.

And I must say, Fettpride's work on the GMH has rekindled my appreciation for this helmet, and I'll probably be purchasing my own very soon.

As always, thanks to the craftsman who made this possible, the commissioner who retained me, and yet another BIG shout out to the mighty Rafal!

So, without further gabbing, let's recap this pretty lady...

IMG_5227a.jpg

IMG_5242a.jpg

IMG_5350a.jpg

IMG_5359a.jpg

IMG_5411a.jpg

IMG_5433a.jpg

IMG_5436a.jpg

IMG_5440a.jpg

IMG_5446a.jpg

IMG_5464a.jpg

IMG_5478a.jpg

IMG_5481a.jpg

IMG_5532a.jpg

Final pictures in the next post...

Great job!

Since we are all seeing things, I see a face on the other ear too!

Last edited by a moderator:
This paintwork on this helmet is beautiful and wonderfully detailed. You guys are making me want an ROTJ over a PP2. :)

I do have a question - may I ask why all the scratches and scrapes were filled in, or even why certain scratches and scrapes weren't added to the helmet?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back