Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Mar 2017
    Mar 15, 2017, 10:27 AM - Hello... #1

Hi everyone, I'm glad to be a part of the forum and actually start building my ROTJ Boba Fett. I've received my armor and other major soft parts from BM, and am beginning to gather the other detail items while I do more reading and research. I'm hoping to buy the right stuff the first time, but I'm sure I'll have some questions as I go...I need to do a lot more reading first, though. (Unless someone knows a source for high quality size 9.5 wide boots though, I'll take that info!)

I'm hoping that I can actually psych myself up to start painting at some point, as I'd love to be able to do that part myself. I love the detail work, but holy moly that helmet is intimidating.

-Tom in Rochester, NY
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Mar 15, 2017, 11:59 AM - Re: Hello... #2

Welcome to the boards Tom!!
  4. Member Since
    Jan 2017
    Mar 15, 2017, 5:09 PM - Re: Hello... #3

Welcome! Almost in the same situation as you. Hope this weekend I'll have time to post some photos
  5. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Mar 16, 2017, 11:54 AM - Re: Hello... #4

For the boots I would recommend Man o War. He's on here and on ebay. I don't think he has any currently available in your size though but it's worth asking.
  6. Mar 17, 2017, 2:04 AM - Re: Hello... #5

Welcome to the forum Tom! Get ready to learn a lot!
    Mar 19, 2017, 11:31 PM - Re: Hello... #6

Welcome to the forum brother. Sadly man of war has disappeared recently. Hasn't responded to my latest emails and doesn't have our size 9-9.5. Also worth noting that man of war is one of the only options for shoes so this poses a real problem for the community currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mar 20, 2017, 1:39 AM - Re: Hello... #7

His eBay storefront shows white supertrooper boots in stock in various sizes. Just paint and weather them as needed, in the days or old this was how they came I believe. If it's in his storefront it usualy ships very quickly, just got a blanket from him a few weeks ago, his shipping department is working just fine.

Being a vendor is not a easy task, things like having large batches of boots made takes quite a bit of lead time and significant out of pocket costs. He has been around a long time I have no doubt he will get more pre-colored ones in the future, but if your in a hurry get the white ones.
  9. Member Since
    Mar 2017
    Mar 20, 2017, 11:57 AM - Re: Hello... #8

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I'll keep an eye on the MOW boots...I sent him a note through his website last week but haven't heard back. Definitely glad to hear that the white ones could work though.

Thanks again!
    Mar 20, 2017, 1:57 PM - Re: Hello... #9

I ordered a pair of the white ones 2 weeks ago and received them within a week, already painted them and weathered them also just make sure you get a good acrylic textile paint for the elastic if you go this route, it actually soaks in really good and flexes with the elastic.