Calling all help for boba fett helment

boopyou

New Hunter
Hi im Boopyou and im 13 and want to build a great looking Boba Fett/Mandalorian helmet and in the future armor to go with it.
i was originally going to go with a pepakura helmet template that i found online but then i watch a few videos and a lot of people are using
the wof helmet template and now im worred if i do the pepakura one is not going to turn out great. any advice for what to make my helmet out of keep in mind my dad is really good with stuff like this and he has resin and fiberglass for miles
and i was planning to cover the helmet in resin and fiber glass anyways thanks and plz respond ​

The WOF templates are going to be by far the most accurate as far as making it yourself. It's all about how detailed you wanna be. Are you planning on joining the 501st once your 18?

Sent from my Nexus 6

I found the hardest part was finding the paper stock. Look up antmans WOF walkthrough I haven't seen it but it's highly recommended. In the end I ended up buying a DVH helm but that's cause i wanna be ready for episode 8.

Definitely recommend becoming friends with your local GML with the 501st and joining the Bounty Hunters Guild (bhg.net) that's the official bounty hunters forum for the 501. Start a build thread post pictures on there as you go of each step (this will help from having to completely scrap the build as many times if any) I'm on there as Darth Tader. Add me and I'll follow and give pointers.

Sent from my Nexus 6

I'd also recommend going with a slice template (wof or rafalfett style) instead of a pepakura. Peps are great, but their polygonal nature creates tons of work later on as you have to sand and fill out every single one of those ridges. Slice templates can come out really smooth and require minimal filler if you construct em well.

First thing you'll wanna do is settle on a material, which is mostly gonna be dictated by budget. Popular options are non-corrugated cardboard or PVC board (aka sintra), but many people use some more unusual materials too. As long as it's ~2mm thick and can be bent, it'll work.

As for construction process, finding and following some build threads are gonna be your friend. If you've chosen a material, searching 'materialname build' should return some threads. For general recommendations; Rafelfett's own build using his template is a nice primer, and antman's cardboard build using wof is one of the cleanest cardboard builds out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
i would like to use a eva foam and the wof template but where can i download that template and how do i size it up sorry im a noob.
anyways i would take the template and mark it on the foam and then cut it out and then put it together

Besides the sticky on the top of this subforum, just googling 'fett wof helmet' gives a buncha results that all link to it. Same for rafal's template which is a little more screen accurate in it's precise measurements.
Get you're google-fu skills down early, as being able to effectively search for information is gonna be a way more useful tool for projects like this than anything you can fit in a toolbox.

As for sizing it, a regular fit-to-page print should give a 1:1 screen sized helmet. If you want something smaller, you're pretty much gonna have to guestimate a smaller percentage print based on how much smaller you think your head is over a statistically average adult head. Quickly mocking up a basic template print with just regular paper and seeing how it fits can be usefull too.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back