General Looking for some input on helmets

Ghostphoenix01

Jr Hunter
Hi guys I'm new to the site! I've been a Boba Fett fan all my life, and I've finally decided to buy a helmet. So I have a few questions. 1 is it possible to pick up a fully painted ESB helmet for around $300-350? And if so who would you recommend? My head size is average to large. But I'd like something close to screen accurate. Thanks guys!

Spend many days/weeks here doing research here first before you go buy anything. Typical quality ESB helmet will cost you 200-320 for a unpainted helmet and another 450-600(Ish) for paint job commission. If you want a Boba Fett inspired helmet for your desk as a conversational piece, then sure you can find some bargain basement prices on some less then perfect sculpts and paint jobs. But if you want a accurate ESB helmet, then don't cut corners, take your time and find a helmet you like and a painter willing to do the commission work.

I've looked on eBay a lot. Granted I've read things on here warning of buying off eBay. I just need something that's close I don't exactly need a 501st approved. Just want one for my collection. My fiancé gave me the go ahead but I know the $600 mark will cause her to freak. Probably the only reason she even gave me the green light on the 300-350 was due to me talking her into incorporating Star Wars in our wedding. We're walking into the reception with the groomsman and groom wearing helmets.

I've looked on eBay a lot. Granted I've read things on here warning of buying off eBay. I just need something that's close I don't exactly need a 501st approved. Just want one for my collection. My fiancé gave me the go ahead but I know the $600 mark will cause her to freak. Probably the only reason she even gave me the green light on the 300-350 was due to me talking her into incorporating Star Wars in our wedding. We're walking into the reception with the groomsman and groom wearing helmets.

You say you want one just for the collection, but then say you will be also using it for your wedding?

My two cents: don't get a helmet... yet

If it was for the shelf to gather dust, that's ok to me. If I were going to present it on the most important day with the single most important person in my life, I would not compromise and prefer to have a quality piece to reflect the occasion. I know not everyone has the means to have a "screen-accurate" bucket, but if all else rent one for the wedding or do it yourself and be proud of your work! You can even buy a nice one and resell it for near the same price or more. These pieces don't lose value very much when they are screen-accurate. I also offer painting services, and I can hook you up with a bargain one on a cheap helmet if you'd like.

By all means though, do what makes you happy and congrats on the wedding!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back