Rub 'n' Buff - Primer

Pinface

Hunter
A quick question:

When using Rub 'n' Buff, how crucial is the color of the primer? Just wondering because I only have red primer available at the moment, and I'm in the process of painting the leg armor.

Can I use the red or is it going to mess up the result from the Rub 'n' Buff? Should I buy a grey primer just to be sure?

// Pinface

Does that apply only to paint? Or Rub n Buff as well?

I think I've watched Seeker's video about 3 dozen times now and notice the demo piece he is using in the vid is gray. He does also mention 2 coats of primer with sanding in between. Im just about to buy some primer and want to make sure I get the right stuff as well.

Does that apply only to paint? Or Rub n Buff as well?

I think I've watched Seeker's video about 3 dozen times now and notice the demo piece he is using in the vid is gray. He does also mention 2 coats of primer with sanding in between. Im just about to buy some primer and want to make sure I get the right stuff as well.

It a general rule of thumb for silver paints. The black base assists in with the overall color and also if there is any wear and tear later down the road, you're not gonna have any white/grey/red marks appearing.

It's not that you CAN'T use anything else, it's just preferred IMO

I'll pick up some black primer then as well. I believe I will still need gray too for the helmet colors, just less than what I thought if I wont be using it on all my armor pieces.

Thanks for the tip!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back