Subscribe
  1. gablesz's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2016
    Posts
    83
    1 Week Ago - Feb 16, 2017, 3:32 PM - gablesz WIP #1

    Hey guys I'm switching over from the introductions page to here. Feel like this is a better place to start up a WIP thread.

    I'm working on a Boba Fett ESB. I'm 5'6" and skinny which comes with some particular challenges. So I'll be working through those with you guys here and I appreciate any help I can get!

    Here's my list of everything i need and what I've got so far.

    Got so far:

    Helmet (GMH from skyfire sending to toeleven)

    Neckseal, Flightsuit, vest and bags (from arkady)

    Gloves ESB (from mike m)

    ESB Cape (from woodman)

    ESB EE-3 (from sidewinder)

    Wookie braids (unknown)

    Pulce sidearm (rpf)

    Jetpack (man of war)



    Jetpack harness (second hand bought on here)

    Need:

    Chest, back, neck, cod, kidney, shoulder and knee, gauntlet armor

    Girth belt, ammo belt

    Shoes and toe spikes

    Shin tools

    Sidearm holster

    I'm sure I've missed something but I'm going to keep updating. Thanks for all the help and encouragement. This is a dream costume for me and I've always been afraid of it because of either my size or the cost. My goal is the finish it by the Han Solo movie next year.







    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gablesz; 4 Days Ago at 1:37 PM.
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
  3. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    354
    1 Week Ago - Feb 16, 2017, 4:00 PM - Re: gablesz WIP #2

    Man gablesz you didn't waste any time. That's a good looking list and a great start. For the armor I would recommend RKD but make sure you talk to him about sizing first so that you get something that will fit well since you have a smaller frame. He also makes a very nice set of gauntlets. Woodman also makes ammo belts, girth belts, and wookie braids. I don't think that there is a third belt on the suit though unless you are talking about the jetpack harness belt. For the shoes go with MOW (man of war). Hes on ebay as well as here and makes some of the best shoes out there. He also makes the jetpack. Darth Voorhees makes a jetpack as well and his is fiberglass instead of just resin. Bigdane makes an accurate jetpack harness but there are a few threads on here about how to scratch build one if you'd like. Be sure to ask any questions and make sure to read plenty.
  4. gablesz's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2016
    Posts
    83
    1 Week Ago - Feb 16, 2017, 4:07 PM - Re: gablesz WIP #3

    Quote Drax said: View Post
    Man gablesz you didn't waste any time. That's a good looking list and a great start. For the armor I would recommend RKD but make sure you talk to him about sizing first so that you get something that will fit well since you have a smaller frame. He also makes a very nice set of gauntlets. Woodman also makes ammo belts, girth belts, and wookie braids. I don't think that there is a third belt on the suit though unless you are talking about the jetpack harness belt. For the shoes go with MOW (man of war). Hes on ebay as well as here and makes some of the best shoes out there. He also makes the jetpack. Darth Voorhees makes a jetpack as well and his is fiberglass instead of just resin. Bigdane makes an accurate jetpack harness but there are a few threads on here about how to scratch build one if you'd like. Be sure to ask any questions and make sure to read plenty.
    Drax definitely been creeping on TDH for awhile but hadn't committed till now. You guys advice though is invaluable.

    I've contacted RKD but haven't heard back been about 48 hours.

    Also talked to sidewinder about an ee3 just haven't pulled the trigger yet (haha)

    Emailed man of war about a size 9-9.5 boot as his site only lists sizes that definitely won't fit me.

    I think that belt is the jetpack harness belt maybe? Sorry I gotta learn. It's the black belt with the silver buckle.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    354
    1 Week Ago - Feb 16, 2017, 4:10 PM - Re: gablesz WIP #4

    Yep that belt is on the jetpack harness.

    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/galle...-assembly.html

    They used a scuba tank frame and modified it a little bit.
  6. gablesz's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2016
    Posts
    83
    1 Week Ago - Feb 16, 2017, 4:12 PM - Re: gablesz WIP #5

    That's awesome! Ok I understand now


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. gablesz's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2016
    Posts
    83
    1 Week Ago - Feb 16, 2017, 6:14 PM - Re: gablesz WIP #6

    Original post updated with new info. Picked up a sidewinder ee3. My favorite gun in the Star Wars universe.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. gablesz's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2016
    Posts
    83
    6 Days Ago - Feb 19, 2017, 11:06 PM - Re: gablesz WIP #7

    Original post updated. Acquired wookie braids and the pulce side arm.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Nighthawk756's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    116
    5 Days Ago - Feb 20, 2017, 9:00 AM - Re: gablesz WIP #8

    Congrats on diving off into the Fett madness! I went with a Big Dane jetpack harness. (I think we've discussed most of your other items)
  10. gablesz's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2016
    Posts
    83
    5 Days Ago - Feb 20, 2017, 12:03 PM - Re: gablesz WIP #9

    Quote Nighthawk756 said: View Post
    Congrats on diving off into the Fett madness! I went with a Big Dane jetpack harness. (I think we've discussed most of your other items)
    I do think anyone who does this costume is mad. So you got that right. Haha


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Nighthawk756's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    116
    5 Days Ago - Feb 20, 2017, 9:07 PM - Re: gablesz WIP #10

    Quote gablesz said: View Post
    I do think anyone who does this costume is mad. So you got that right. Haha


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dont I know it!
  12. gablesz's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2016
    Posts
    83
    5 Days Ago - Feb 21, 2017, 12:14 AM - Re: gablesz WIP #11

    Original post updated Jetpack acquired pending payment.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. gablesz's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2016
    Posts
    83
    4 Days Ago - Feb 21, 2017, 1:37 PM - Re: gablesz WIP #12

    Post updated harness acquired.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. My WIP
    By Jc27 in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: Jun 3, 2015, 6:13 PM
  2. General: WIP
    By Nomisha in forum Zam Wesell Costume
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Apr 4, 2015, 5:57 PM
  3. WIP
    By RoleKeeper in forum Expanded Universe Bounty Hunters
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Feb 10, 2010, 1:28 PM
  4. My WIP
    By tk938 in forum Jango Fett Costume
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Jun 11, 2007, 2:32 PM
  5. DP '96 WIP
    By BrianTheSith in forum Boba Fett Helmet
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Apr 16, 2005, 1:44 AM