Superjedi's FPH2 for Refugee

I'm getting excited, too. :)

Got an early start today. I'm working on some small steps that don't involve painting anything. Since Albert's kit will include lights,
I worked on test fitting the microswitch in the RF ear. Two miniature machine screws with nuts secure it in place. Depending on the
stalk being used, it may be necessary to shave a corner of the microswitch housing so it doesn't interfere with the bottom of the stalk.
This was the case here, and in the pics, you can see that I just sanded down the upper left corner enough to get everything to fit well.
Stalk up. . .

IMAG4121_1_zpsysnklmna.gif

Stalk down, making contact with the microswitch plunger.

IMAG4122_1_zpsyzj8v2cs.gif

I also cut down the real Borden that came with the kit and sanded the cut face smooth, I drilled out mounting holes in the bottom of the
RF topper, and sanded the beautiful Machinecraft aluminum stalk. It's really a great accessory, but it's so shiny that it needed to be
sanded down to a duller finish.

Later today I'll mask and airbrush the black arch on the RF ear cap. That will have to dry overnight so I can re-mask for the white half arch.
Once the RF ear cap is detailed, it'll be down to final weathering and assembly. :)

LOL! Nice. . .

Why yes, Ryan, I do use some custom graphics to do the small ear markings. Unfortunately, they're sold out for the time being.
There's a chance I may produce some more sometime after Celebration Orlando. ;)

Thanks!
Geez, it's been almost a week? Been busy with work and I've been fighting off this stupid cold for a few days, but I've still managed to keep
plugging away at the helmet. I'm down to final fitting and assembly. I got the ears installed today. In the pics, the RF stalk and outer ear cap
are temp installed for pics, but they'll be removed for shipping. Here are some portraits. :)

IMAG4148_zpsqqa5vifu.gif

The Borden is in place, too.

IMAG4150_zpsc2nmihvc.gif

IMAG4151_zpswbliazwe.gif

All that's left now is the spatter, then visor installation. Hoping to have it all wrapped up this weekend sometime!

Gorgeous Eric! It looks like it just lept off the movie screen. I hope you're feeling better from you cold

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Albert. :) Feeling a lot better, and I think you will be too when you see this.

FINAL UPDATE: DAY 45.

ESB #24 is complete! I did the final fitting of the visor and MQ-1 board and got everything set up for some final pictures.
As always, I'm both happy and sad that another helmet is done. Happy to get to practice my painting, and sad that I have
to let it go. *sniff* ;)

Here's a selection of pics. There are a few more on my Facebook page--CounterFett Creations.
First, the obligatory full face shot.

IMAG4172_zpsywwfvvuy.gif

And now working around the helmet. . .

IMAG4174_zps2nurmv9v.gif

IMAG4176_zpsclpzb4ov.gif

IMAG4178_zpsybkqhshf.gif

IMAG4180_zpsck67iydl.gif

Many thanks to Albert for entrusting his FPH2 to me. It was a blast to work on, and I hope you like it! (y)
Thanks also to everyone who followed along.

(As a teaser, I'm supposed to receive what will become my ESB #25 next Wednesday. . . and it is pretty unique!)

Well! In addition to great paintwork, sooooooomebody's now taking some great photos!

Excellent job, as always. Should be another wildly satisfied customer.

Bring on #25!!

Thank you Eric. Those pictures are incredible. It's breathtakingly beautiful! Truly a work of art. I feel doubly privileged to finally own an FPH2 from that is painted by such a consummate professional and all around great guy

You're very welcome! (y)
I got your message regarding the details for shipment and I'll send it to the "servo installer" on Tuesday or Wednesday. :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back