Robbed!

This is awful. This particular crime comes with a sense of violation difficult to shake off. I empathise having found a burglar in my house some years ago.

Sorry to hear about this. We had some prowlers tear off a window screen a few years back but they didn't get in. We got an alarm installed and the sign out front was a good deterrent. Definitely scary though. Glad everybody is alright.

Thanks again for the thoughts. :) The side of the house where they gained entry is fairly dark, even though the space between our house and the neighbor's house isn't that far, and they have some "path lights" around their driveway.
I just got done installing a solar powered motion activated floodlight on that side of my house. A sudden bright light is one of the biggest deterrents, so I'm hoping that will give someone second thoughts about running around on that side of the house.

Police didn't mention anything specifically about other incidents. We've been living here for 6 1/2 years and it's a pretty quiet neighborhood.

That sucks man, big time. Glad you guys are ok!
Might be worth it to look into a security system for the house. And make sure there is an accessible home defense weapon for you and the wife.
Never forget the likelihood that there is more than one intruder is HIGH :(

Glad to hear no one was hurt. I would love to catch them in the act. I've had 2 cars stolen from in front of my house, and chased a burglar out of my Daughter's back yard. The kicker is, I'm in law enforcement...everybody's eligible for the bad guys....

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back