Subscribe
  1. Froflo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    78
    Jan 23, 2017, 12:22 PM - Esb barrel help #1

    So i purchased a half decent esb ee-3 kit off ebay basically everything behind the barrel is good but the barrel section suplied was just a straight pipe i have a real flash tube i wanted to put in the end of it but i need the correct tapered main barrel to do so does anyone have any suggestions please?!
    Basically I need a tapered barrel and new clamps to mount the scope onto

    - - - Updated - - -

    My apologies for the sideways photo not sure why that happened
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	106622  
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
  3. Tfett40's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    453
    Jan 23, 2017, 1:31 PM - Re: Esb barrel help #2

    Are you looking for measurements of the length of the barrel and the flash tube? If so I can take a few picture of mine if that helps. Obviously, the tube supplied is too long for the barrel, so it needs to be cut


    Quote Froflo said: View Post
    So i purchased a half decent esb ee-3 kit off ebay basically everything behind the barrel is good but the barrel section suplied was just a straight pipe i have a real flash tube i wanted to put in the end of it but i need the correct tapered main barrel to do so does anyone have any suggestions please?!
    Basically I need a tapered barrel and new clamps to mount the scope onto

    - - - Updated - - -

    My apologies for the sideways photo not sure why that happened
  4. Froflo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    78
    Jan 23, 2017, 2:43 PM - Re: Esb barrel help #3

    Quote TAguirre said: View Post
    Are you looking for measurements of the length of the barrel and the flash tube? If so I can take a few picture of mine if that helps. Obviously, the tube supplied is too long for the barrel, so it needs to be cut
    I would definetly apreciate that i need to know how long the tapered section is i believe the flash tube should stick out 4 and a half inches or so but also im wondering what i can use for the tapered section or if anyone knows any vendors who would sell me just that part

    - - - Updated - - -

    The tube supplied is useless its straight the whole way so even if i cut it there would to be know way to put the flash tube in it without making it look ridiculous
  5. Tfett40's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    453
    Jan 23, 2017, 6:16 PM - Re: Esb barrel help #4



    My suggestion is find a pvc pipe that the flash tube circumference can fit snug into and use that as your barrel. If not, you might have to find a 3D vender who can do it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Froflo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    78
    Jan 23, 2017, 8:58 PM - Re: Esb barrel help #5

    But then i wouldnt be able to fot it onto the gun , Ive tried messaging a few different vendors but none seem to have interest in selling only the barrel,
  7. jbdubz's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    877
    Jan 24, 2017, 8:44 AM - Re: Esb barrel help #6

    Quote Froflo said: View Post
    But then i wouldnt be able to fot it onto the gun , Ive tried messaging a few different vendors but none seem to have interest in selling only the barrel,
    this is the thread you are looking for...

    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=48864

    regarding the part you need, is it the entire barrel including the breech or just the tube section?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Froflo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    78
    Jan 24, 2017, 10:29 AM - Re: Esb barrel help #7

    Quote jbdubz said: View Post
    this is the thread you are looking for...

    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=48864

    regarding the part you need, is it the entire barrel including the breech or just the tube section?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Honestly id prefer to find just the tube section but if it comesdown to it id take the whole section with the breech
  9. jbdubz's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    877
    Jan 24, 2017, 10:58 AM - Re: Esb barrel help #8

    Quote Froflo said: View Post
    Honestly id prefer to find just the tube section but if it comesdown to it id take the whole section with the breech
    yeah it makes more sense to cast the entire barrel/breech piece than just the barrel. TA has a great recommendation with the PVC pipe. the taper of the webley barrel is pretty minimal, would certainly save you some $. if you do want the replica part though, let me know. i'll see what i can do, i know a guy


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Froflo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    78
    Jan 24, 2017, 1:36 PM - Re: Esb barrel help #9

    Quote jbdubz said: View Post
    yeah it makes more sense to cast the entire barrel/breech piece than just the barrel. TA has a great recommendation with the PVC pipe. the taper of the webley barrel is pretty minimal, would certainly save you some $. if you do want the replica part though, let me know. i'll see what i can do, i know a guy


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    thanks man that would be awesome! Please do let me know
  11. Froflo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    78
    Jan 25, 2017, 8:55 PM - Re: Esb barrel help #10

    Love how much one can rely on this sight when they need something!
  12. intwenothor's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,761
    Jan 26, 2017, 2:29 PM - Re: Esb barrel help #11

    You could simply buy a piece of chrome tubing and drill the holes yourself using the templates posted up by Seven on this forum a few years ago. I calculated that the tube protrudes from the barrel by 4.75" or 120mm. That length includes the section that is obscured by the front barrel mount. It's in the thread someone linked above. This thread has Seven's templates attached.

    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/m...heiland-30238/
  13. Froflo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    78
    Jan 31, 2017, 4:11 PM - Re: Esb barrel help #12

    Quote intwenothor said: View Post
    You could simply buy a piece of chrome tubing and drill the holes yourself using the templates posted up by Seven on this forum a few years ago. I calculated that the tube protrudes from the barrel by 4.75" or 120mm. That length includes the section that is obscured by the front barrel mount. It's in the thread someone linked above. This thread has Seven's templates attached.

    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/m...heiland-30238/
    no i have the flash tube/ chrome part im talking about the tapered section the flashtube/chrome part fits into
  14. intwenothor's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,761
    Feb 1, 2017, 5:30 AM - Re: Esb barrel help #13

    My misunderstanding. Replacing that will be tough. Is it not possible to return the kit?
  15. Froflo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    78
    Feb 1, 2017, 8:55 AM - Re: Esb barrel help #14

    Quote intwenothor said: View Post
    My misunderstanding. Replacing that will be tough. Is it not possible to return the kit?
    Unfortunately not, i paid very litle for it though so im not too worried about it, it looks like jbdubz is gonna get me hooked up with the storm rider pieces i need to make this work any how so it all works out , thanks for that link anyway though man! Definetly still handy have!

Similar Threads

  1. WTB:  ESB Barrel Rings w/Scope Mounts
    By stellardude in forum Cargo Hold
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Feb 23, 2016, 10:41 AM
  2. Webley Barrel for ESB
    By drache in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Apr 8, 2009, 7:30 AM
  3. Those damn ESB barrel clamps?
    By kurtyboy in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jul 2, 2004, 2:38 PM
  4. Anyone found good barrel rings for the ESB EE-3 yet?????????
    By DL44 Blaster in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Apr 21, 2004, 10:27 AM
  5. Fett ESB sidearm barrel tip on other ESB props?
    By kurtyboy in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Dec 6, 2003, 8:00 PM