Jonbenm ROTJ SE almost done!!!

I've finally located a pair of boots!!! Thank you stryyker!!! They're a little small they are size 10.5and I think I would fit better in an 11 but it's all good They were exactly what I was looking for ... I did a lot of weathering today I got the boots from looking like this
69bb021aa800c226aeeba74eb7ffd6bf.jpg

To like this in about 3-45 minutes
cfb8e9dfb93e8d54f2b094f6bbf285cf.jpg
a2bc9514c3412d80d720b2ee8e33fe08.jpg
c269da85af427bbdddf069409a1c957a.jpg
df7f74d6274b0332b2939f5006240e41.jpg
74e847b3428300dd5c56a4cb5dd394f1.jpg

I used about 5 different colors.

I used a matt acrylic jet black for the stripe

And a mix of a light tan from testors and a light brown for the bottom shade and sole. humbrol grey number 79 to light shade and spray over almost the whole boot then I used a black for a heavy shade

Then I reinforced the bottom of my gauntlets for a little added strength
e8eb38e0ba69a60e2d6f2fb5df2608b4.jpg
0bb08f38af12a264f2beef7e83ae7755.jpg
78a01b88e07779c70db50f179bf3c0ad.jpg
854d36c7b0b739eb4a335b2c9533bcce.jpg
7846a17fd1a2b4438b947cbf8e35457e.jpg
1644cceefc136a967af75bc5970fee87.jpg

Then when I got done airbrushing and fiberglassing I did not opened my garage door

So I was high as a dam kite!!! Hahahaha I had to go inside and sit for a minute after that lol it was aweful I will be for sure next time opening the garage door!! Haha

Sent from my iPhone

Alright got another test fit in today and I gotta say I'm getting closer and closer every time I put this thing on...

the feeling was absolutely amazing after seeing myself with the bucket on it's crazy how much it ties the whole costume together and the great feeling of success...

well almost success lol I still have to finish the helmet affix the hip pouches get the proper braids and figure out the harness for the jet pack oooh and get the proper gloves and maybe cinch up the mando thong just a tad haha

410fe6ea8e9c33d7f73e5637c4835aba.jpg
a117a0bf437a6600588f5c3f7a974750.jpg
12e2def234fbe3daa85ce6d3107f91fc.jpg
d99777726226d1b6111af767ea28d283.jpg
1e02407465080f9d6063e3b23fcb5943.jpg
dc850d06b315d3c2841b1fe5e8d4a052.jpg
5f324eef6c7b61c79279415e1272d007.jpg
a18f83d84e4bb40bec989ba78539d255.jpg
what do y'all think? Anything you guys can see that maybe needs to be tweaked or changed? Your input is much appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone

weather the straps on the knees and your Boba thong. Also tighten up the thong a bit. Your flight suit could probably use some tightening around the middle and upper thighs.

weather the straps on the knees and your Boba thong. Also tighten up the thong a bit. Your flight suit could probably use some tightening around the middle and upper thighs.

Thanks Mullreel I will do that and yes the thighs are pretty loose and it causes the knees to fall a bit too I actually think the "U" shape of the whole flight suit is a little big on me maybe tightening the mando thing will help a little too

Sent from my iPhone

I took in about an inch from the outside ankle to about the mid rib cage I got it stitched up fast and everything appears to be spot on fitting great now hopefully it all looks good once I have the armor on as well I will update again next weekend

Sent from my iPhone

1) The base of your rocket on your jetpack is incorrect. It is supposed to be black to a weathered white. You have black to a weathered red. This will need to be repainted.

2) As I stated on thebhg you need to adjust the positioning of your chest plates. They need to be lowered about 1/4 of an inch. Your spacing around the center diamond is too close...move it out about 1/8th of an inch. There should be a minimum 1/8 inch gap all around the center dianond.

3) If you are going for ROTJ SE film you must adjust the hoses on your right gauntlet.

4) You need to have your thigh and side ammo pouches filled. Get sone 1 inch appolstry padding and cut squares that fit into the pockets.

5) SE jetpack side thrusters did not have red center dots. Look at the promo shots for reference. In the film version one of the damaged jetpacks was used for the filming so the promo style is the default choice.

6) Your jetpack is hanging way too low. You need to tighten up your harness and raise the jetpack up another 2 to 3 inches.

7) Weather your gloves a bit to make them more accurate. I suggest natural weathering with loose brown dirt a little...currently your white areas are too clean on the gloves.

8) As I mentioned in thebhg.net Your helmet is painted ESB style but there was some differences around the right cheek area and on the helmet. Reference the promo shots for better details.

9) As I mentioned on thebhg.net your flamethrower nozzles are sticking out too far. Reference the images I posted...the Nozzles should not exceed the housing of the flamethrower...yours does by about 1/2 an inch.

10) Your wookie braids should be attached about an inch away from your back plate / collar armor. Basically use fishing line and move it out about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch away from the armor.

Sent via Holonet from Slave I

Last edited by a moderator:
1) The base of your rocket on your jetpack is incorrect. It is supposed to be black to a weathered white. You have black to a weathered red. This will need to be repainted.

2) As I stated on thebhg you need to adjust the positioning of your chest plates. They need to be lowered about 1/4 of an inch. Your spacing around the center diamond is too close...move it out about 1/8th of an inch. There should be a minimum 1/8 inch gap all around the center dianond.

3) If you are going for ROTJ SE film you must adjust the hoses on your right gauntlet.

4) You need to have your thigh and side ammo pouches filled. Get sone 1 inch appolstry padding and cut squares that fit into the pockets.

5) SE jetpack side thrusters did not have red center dots. Look at the promo shots for reference. In the film version one of the damaged jetpacks was used for the filming so the promo style is the default choice.

6) Your jetpack is hanging way too low. You need to tighten up your harness and raise the jetpack up another 2 to 3 inches.

7) Weather your gloves a bit to make them more accurate. I suggest natural weathering with loose brown dirt a little...currently your white areas are too clean on the gloves.

8) As I mentioned in thebhg.net Your helmet is painted ESB style but there was some differences around the right cheek area and on the helmet. Reference the promo shots for better details.

9) As I mentioned on thebhg.net your flamethrower nozzles are sticking out too far. Reference the images I posted...the Nozzles should not exceed the housing of the flamethrower...yours does by abiut 1/2 an inch.

Screenshot of this message taken!! Thanks crumdum i always appreciate your input. Isn't there only one hose on the SE gauntlets??? And I won't be using these gloves I'm getting a set of mike m gloves and they will be weathered accordingly and I will fix up the jet pack this weekend and re paint the rocket I just moved the flame nozzles back a half inch and I need to look at the SE helmet and get it right thanks again man

Sent from my iPhone

Screenshot of this message taken!! Thanks crumdum i always appreciate your input. Isn't there only one hose on the SE gauntlets??? And I won't be using these gloves I'm getting a set of mike m gloves and they will be weathered accordingly and I will fix up the jet pack this weekend and re paint the rocket I just moved the flame nozzles back a half inch and I need to look at the SE helmet and get it right thanks again man

Sent from my iPhone
Reference the working CRL on thebhg.net post 3. There are differences between the Film and Promo shots stated in that thread. If its Promo it states it. For simplicity I am pasting the info here.

Right Gauntlet
For 501st approval:
· Gauntlets are dark red / burgundy in color and are weathered where indicated to reasonably match visual
references to give the illusion of battle wear and damage.
· Four small silver darts are mounted at the top of the gauntlet.
· Two silver switches are mounted on the outside facing side.
A cord housing is mounted to the outside of the arm as seen in visual
reference.
¨ One hose connector comes out of the back of this housing. The hose
runs up under the short sleeve of the flight suit. (This is present on the ROTJ film version)
¨A second hose connector is mounted immediately below the first connector. The hose
runs up under the short sleeve of the flight suit. (This is present on the ROTJ film version)
· A third hose connector is attached to the top of the gauntlet. The hose
runs up under the short sleeve of the flight suit. (This is the only hose present on the Promo Shot Version

This is coming together very nicely, can't wait to see it finished! Also on the rear shots of the suit where your head is tilted downwards I can't help but notice that there is something at the inside edge of the helmet, Is that padding or a gasket?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back