Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    Feb 3, 2017, 6:22 PM - Jonbenm ROTJ SE almost done!!! #26

Getting closer!!! Just waiting on gloves and I need to buy the SE horse hair braids and weather/tighten mando thong and weather knee straps and maybe adjust the pack straps abbot and then I'm good to go!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Feb 3, 2017, 10:21 PM - Re: Jonbenm ROTJ SE almost done!!! #27

1) The base of your rocket on your jetpack is incorrect. It is supposed to be black to a weathered white. You have black to a weathered red. This will need to be repainted.

2) As I stated on thebhg you need to adjust the positioning of your chest plates. They need to be lowered about 1/4 of an inch. Your spacing around the center diamond is too close...move it out about 1/8th of an inch. There should be a minimum 1/8 inch gap all around the center dianond.

3) If you are going for ROTJ SE film you must adjust the hoses on your right gauntlet.

4) You need to have your thigh and side ammo pouches filled. Get sone 1 inch appolstry padding and cut squares that fit into the pockets.

5) SE jetpack side thrusters did not have red center dots. Look at the promo shots for reference. In the film version one of the damaged jetpacks was used for the filming so the promo style is the default choice.

6) Your jetpack is hanging way too low. You need to tighten up your harness and raise the jetpack up another 2 to 3 inches.

7) Weather your gloves a bit to make them more accurate. I suggest natural weathering with loose brown dirt a little...currently your white areas are too clean on the gloves.

8) As I mentioned in thebhg.net Your helmet is painted ESB style but there was some differences around the right cheek area and on the helmet. Reference the promo shots for better details.

9) As I mentioned on thebhg.net your flamethrower nozzles are sticking out too far. Reference the images I posted...the Nozzles should not exceed the housing of the flamethrower...yours does by about 1/2 an inch.

10) Your wookie braids should be attached about an inch away from your back plate / collar armor. Basically use fishing line and move it out about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch away from the armor.

Sent via Holonet from Slave I
    Last edited by crumdum; Feb 3, 2017 at 10:29 PM.
    Feb 3, 2017, 10:30 PM - Re: Jonbenm ROTJ SE almost done!!! #28

Quote crumdum said: View Post
    1) The base of your rocket on your jetpack is incorrect. It is supposed to be black to a weathered white. You have black to a weathered red. This will need to be repainted.

2) As I stated on thebhg you need to adjust the positioning of your chest plates. They need to be lowered about 1/4 of an inch. Your spacing around the center diamond is too close...move it out about 1/8th of an inch. There should be a minimum 1/8 inch gap all around the center dianond.

3) If you are going for ROTJ SE film you must adjust the hoses on your right gauntlet.

4) You need to have your thigh and side ammo pouches filled. Get sone 1 inch appolstry padding and cut squares that fit into the pockets.

5) SE jetpack side thrusters did not have red center dots. Look at the promo shots for reference. In the film version one of the damaged jetpacks was used for the filming so the promo style is the default choice.

6) Your jetpack is hanging way too low. You need to tighten up your harness and raise the jetpack up another 2 to 3 inches.

7) Weather your gloves a bit to make them more accurate. I suggest natural weathering with loose brown dirt a little...currently your white areas are too clean on the gloves.

8) As I mentioned in thebhg.net Your helmet is painted ESB style but there was some differences around the right cheek area and on the helmet. Reference the promo shots for better details.

9) As I mentioned on thebhg.net your flamethrower nozzles are sticking out too far. Reference the images I posted...the Nozzles should not exceed the housing of the flamethrower...yours does by abiut 1/2 an inch.

Screenshot of this message taken!! Thanks crumdum i always appreciate your input. Isn't there only one hose on the SE gauntlets??? And I won't be using these gloves I'm getting a set of mike m gloves and they will be weathered accordingly and I will fix up the jet pack this weekend and re paint the rocket I just moved the flame nozzles back a half inch and I need to look at the SE helmet and get it right thanks again man

Feb 3, 2017, 10:35 PM - Re: Jonbenm ROTJ SE almost done!!! #29

Quote jonbenm said: View Post
    Screenshot of this message taken!! Thanks crumdum i always appreciate your input. Isn't there only one hose on the SE gauntlets??? And I won't be using these gloves I'm getting a set of mike m gloves and they will be weathered accordingly and I will fix up the jet pack this weekend and re paint the rocket I just moved the flame nozzles back a half inch and I need to look at the SE helmet and get it right thanks again man

Reference the working CRL on thebhg.net post 3. There are differences between the Film and Promo shots stated in that thread. If its Promo it states it. For simplicity I am pasting the info here.

Right Gauntlet
    For 501st approval:
    Gauntlets are dark red / burgundy in color and are weathered where indicated to reasonably match visual
    references to give the illusion of battle wear and damage.
    Four small silver darts are mounted at the top of the gauntlet.
    Two silver switches are mounted on the outside facing side.
    A cord housing is mounted to the outside of the arm as seen in visual
    reference.
    One hose connector comes out of the back of this housing. The hose
    runs up under the short sleeve of the flight suit. (This is present on the ROTJ film version)
    A second hose connector is mounted immediately below the first connector. The hose
    runs up under the short sleeve of the flight suit. (This is present on the ROTJ film version)
    A third hose connector is attached to the top of the gauntlet. The hose
    runs up under the short sleeve of the flight suit. (This is the only hose present on the Promo Shot Version

Feb 3, 2017, 10:39 PM - Re: Jonbenm ROTJ SE almost done!!! #30

Well I'm glad I still have the other hoses lol thank you for the info

Feb 6, 2017, 8:24 AM - Re: Jonbenm ROTJ SE almost done!!! #31

Nicely done Jonben, looks great man.
    Feb 6, 2017, 8:27 AM - Re: Jonbenm ROTJ SE almost done!!! #32

Quote Lucksy31 said: View Post
    Nicely done Jonben, looks great man.
    Thanks dude I appreciate it

Feb 7, 2017, 11:26 AM - Re: Jonbenm ROTJ SE almost done!!! #33

You wear it well man. Good work
    Feb 7, 2017, 11:40 AM - Re: Jonbenm ROTJ SE almost done!!! #34

Quote Raizo said: View Post
    You wear it well man. Good work
    I really appreciate that bud thanks

Feb 7, 2017, 4:54 PM - Re: Jonbenm ROTJ SE almost done!!! #35

Looks amazing my friend. Good job
    Feb 7, 2017, 6:42 PM - Re: Jonbenm ROTJ SE almost done!!! #36

Quote Cwmarcom said: View Post
    Looks amazing my friend. Good job
    Thank you bud!

Feb 13, 2017, 1:35 PM - Re: Jonbenm ROTJ SE almost done!!! #37

Looks awesome! I follow you on insta!

Feb 13, 2017, 3:18 PM - Re: Jonbenm ROTJ SE almost done!!! #38

Quote gablesz said: View Post
    Looks awesome! I follow you on insta!

Haha! Thanks man!!

Feb 15, 2017, 3:09 PM - Re: Jonbenm ROTJ SE almost done!!! #39

I have 2.5 daughter that she just loves seeing her Dad put on the helmet and suit. Hopefully I will have a little SW fan as she grows up
  16. Feb 17, 2017, 12:01 PM - Re: Jonbenm ROTJ SE almost done!!! #40

This is coming together very nicely, can't wait to see it finished! Also on the rear shots of the suit where your head is tilted downwards I can't help but notice that there is something at the inside edge of the helmet, Is that padding or a gasket?

Feb 17, 2017, 9:02 PM - Re: Jonbenm ROTJ SE almost done!!! #41

Quote Cwmarcom said: View Post
    I have 2.5 daughter that she just loves seeing her Dad put on the helmet and suit. Hopefully I will have a little SW fan as she grows up
    Yeah it's one of the best parts of this build is the love my son gains during the whole process of the build lol he loves it!

Feb 17, 2017, 9:08 PM - Re: Jonbenm ROTJ SE almost done!!! #42

Quote jetpackman said: View Post
    This is coming together very nicely, can't wait to see it finished! Also on the rear shots of the suit where your head is tilted downwards I can't help but notice that there is something at the inside edge of the helmet, Is that padding or a gasket?
    Yeah! lol it's a motorcycle helmet replacement liner only like $15-$20 on eBay and the bottom parts form a nice gasket around the back part of the helmet depending on how you decide t mount the padding

Feb 18, 2017, 2:16 PM - Re: Jonbenm ROTJ SE almost done!!! #43

Wow! Definitely going to use this as a reference to start building an SE Fett. Good job!
    Feb 18, 2017, 3:21 PM - Re: Jonbenm ROTJ SE almost done!!! #44

What's your waist size?
    Feb 18, 2017, 4:16 PM - Re: Jonbenm ROTJ SE almost done!!! #45

Quote Raizo said: View Post
    What's your waist size?
    I wear a 34" my friend

Feb 19, 2017, 7:37 AM - Re: Jonbenm ROTJ SE almost done!!! #46

Quote mr30min said: View Post
    Wow! Definitely going to use this as a reference to start building an SE Fett. Good job!
    Thanks man!