Update!! I got my hands on 4 more yards of the scuba knit neoprene, another bottle of the RIT synthetic royal purple, and got to work! Cut out all the pieces from my consignment shop made pattern, mixed up my dye, and performed Zam-magic in my kitchen today...
I followed the instructions on the RIT dye, it says 1 bottle per 2lbs of dry fabric, or double for nylon. I doubled to ensure I got the deep color I was looking for. 1lb9oz of fabric meant I needed roughly 14 oz of dye. My test swabs had given me a ratio of 2parts royal purple to 3/4 part orange, ended up being about 11oz of the purple and 5oz of the orange.
35 minutes of stirring it on the stove, just at boiling point.
Followed with a iced salt bath soak before rinsing.
A perfect match to the thread I had picked out last weekend at Joanns.
As the pieces dried, I ironed to get the wrinkles out. Then sat down this evening and sewed them all up.
I will hem the sleeves and legs, and adjust the neckline as needed when more parts are done. Trial against the skirt, and love the combo!