New Member Intro

FunctionalFett

New Hunter
Hi All,
Glad to be aboard and look forward to using this resource. I am wishing to merge two of my passions and hope to start a trend. I am a concealed carrier and firearms builder opening a store and showroom in the near future. My mission statement for my business is total customer care and an unforgettable experience. In my showroom I will showcase various theatrical themes based around firearms I offer. One line of which will be firearms made to resemble blasters. I want to build a Boba fett for many reasons. One of which will be my Star Wars display.

Another project I am working on is a little crazy. I have been working on integrating hearing protection, communications, and visual enhancement into a ballistic helmet. In this I have seen a need for a full face helmet. My inner nerd is calling to build a fully functional fett helmet. The face covering need to be safety rated for shrapnel and bird shot, what ever basic safety glasses cover.

So far I have had trouble designing a layout. I currently have no carrier for my system. In other words I am building the features with no helmet. Backwards I believe. So I need to build a fett helmet and experiment with different resins to achieve a minimum ballistic protection. Then I can finish the build.

Integrated features will include:
Night Vision optics
Electronic hearing protectection
Communication headset
HUD Visor
Environmental readout including temperature, humidity, oxygen level
Possibly exploring an air tight helmet that can be used with a rebreather or air system

Now that I've given you guys plenty of ammo to shoot me down with and use to make fun of my idea, where's the best way to start on a fett helmet? Can I have one cast from my own resin?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. I've thought about this for a while but I'm not electronically skilled lol.

If you want a good helmet contact Anime fan for a resin cast. He's probably one of the best here on the forums in my opinion.

If you need any help feel free to pm me and I'll do my best to help you:) goodluck and welcome to the forums:)).

Thanks! I'll check him out. One thing I'm not sure of is if I should build on a surplus ballistic helmet or just experiment with resins for lighter weight.

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like we have the some of the same hobbies. I do have to say though that functional weapons are not normally discussed on the forum so it may be frowned upon if you're looking to make a functional flamethrower. Animefan does make a fantastic helmet and you can get them in fiberglass which id be willing to bet could hold up to birdshot but not much beyond that. There are companies that make bullet resistant fiberglass but it's not going to be cheap and I'm not sure how well it would mount with the resin for the helmets. If you have any questions you can pm me as well.

Also visibility in a fett helmet is pretty bad so keep that in mind.

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like we have the some of the same hobbies. I do have to say though that functional weapons are not normally discussed on the forum so it may be frowned upon if you're looking to make a functional flamethrower. Animefan does make a fantastic helmet and you can get them in fiberglass which id be willing to bet could hold up to birdshot but not much beyond that. There are companies that make bullet resistant fiberglass but it's not going to be cheap and I'm not sure how well it would mount with the resin for the helmets. If you have any questions you can pm me as well.

Also visibility in a fett helmet is pretty bad so keep that in mind.
I'm lookin into converting a VR headset that will project an exterior view, that's part of the HUD. The visor will actually be a screen, and in conjunction with external cameras will project the exterior view of about 180 degrees. I don't want to make any functional weapons other than my ar15 blaster because they aren't practical irl.

I don't expect the project accomplishing anything but being a cool range toy.

Sent from my QTAQZ3

Speaking of an ar15 blaster if you've seen Rogue One you may have noticed that one of the main characters carries an ar15 that has different "configurations". The pistol blaster version doesn't even have a buffer tube but it wouldn't be to hard to try to mimic that as a starter for your firearms that resemble blasters.

Speaking of an ar15 blaster if you've seen Rogue One you may have noticed that one of the main characters carries an ar15 that has different "configurations". The pistol blaster version doesn't even have a buffer tube but it wouldn't be to hard to try to mimic that as a starter for your firearms that resemble blasters.
Yeah I'd have to follow the imperial platform to make it work. Boba would need a revolver as a start to get a matching profile. Hans blaster can be made from a Mauser broom handle.

Sent from my QTAQZ3

The one hurdle is making a helmet that you can see to fire while wearing. I may be able to use iScope and integrate that with the HUD.

Sent from my QTAQZ3

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back