Sooooo, what did you think (Rogue One)? SPOILER ALERTS

Quite. It's interesting because in the first film he wins a fight against an old man who sacrifices himself, in the second there's an unconvincing victory over his barely trained son, and in the third he gets beaten by the same son who seems to be mostly self taught to complete his 'training' so when he dispatched a man with a brutal force slam into the ceiling my inner self was cheering. The figure of terror was finally a genuine figure of terror.

Quite. It's interesting because in the first film he wins a fight against an old man who sacrifices himself, in the second there's an unconvincing victory over his barely trained son, and in the third he gets beaten by the same son who seems to be mostly self taught to complete his 'training' so when he dispatched a man with a brutal force slam into the ceiling my inner self was cheering. The figure of terror was finally a genuine figure of terror.

I couldn't agree more. It was finally the Vader that we needed to see.

I believe it was on Mustafar but I don't know if the building itself has any significance.
It was Darth Vader's Castle. We finally get to see Vader's sanctuary which is extremely cool! :D

- - - Updated - - -

Right on! This Rogue One Darth Vader is the best and most terrifying! :D

I liked it more than TFA, although both are fine. They're miles better than the prequils (sorry George). I try not to nitpick but... Saw Gererra was awkward and unnecessary. I didn't think he added to the plot and I felt no sympathy for him. Damage consistency bothered me again. An X Wing can be grounded by hand weapons but a TIE fighter is impervious. Why did we need Ponda Baba and Dr. Evazan? A K-2SO droid is disabled with a single shot but an identical model takes over a dozen shots because he has plot armor. I am in a small minority that though Vader's assault was gratuitous.

There were some really strong points. It was funny at times without being stupid. It showed Star Wars can still be Star Wars without revolving around a Skywalker. It was gritty and real without seeming out of universe. K-2SO is the best droid ever and we have another reason to love Alan Tudyk. It (usually) brilliantly blended things from the original trilogy into the plot. I liked Tarkin and loved the old clips of the pilots.

But best of all we got to see more Royal Guards. Although they didn't even move.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back