Superjedi's FPH2 for Rnbuda

Thanks again. :)

I got the right section of the band done. That means everything behind the ear platforms is finished. Well, except for the contrasting
gray and final weathering. But the basic colors are down.
IMG_4467.JPG
Next I'll start on the front of the band above the visor cutout.

Last edited:
Got the left mandible finished up!
This is another area where it takes some careful review of the reference pics to break down what was on the helmet during
filming and what was incidental damage that occurred later.
IMG_4476.JPG IMG_4477.JPG
Now to psych myself up for the craziness of the right mandible! :lol:

Last edited:
LOL, rubio. . .

So against my better judgment I went ahead and painted the right mandible. Geez, some people want accuracy or something. ;)
This is a very detail heavy section and it takes me a few sessions to do all the passes with all the different colors.
Here's an overall shot of Fett's (95%) complete face!
IMG_4479.JPG
And a couple of obligatory detail shots of the right mandible area.
IMG_4481.JPG
Rotating around slightly. . .
IMG_4482.JPG
Whew! Now that my eyes are uncrossing, I can begin to plan out the "effects" painting. This will include the pale contrasting gray,
the fade below the killstripes, a bit more airbrushing with gray and gray-brown, the white thumbprints, pastel application, and the
spatter at the very end.
The ears are base coated and I'll let them dry for a couple of days before I mask them for the arch markings. Getting close now! (y)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back