Etsy Vendor?

Raizo I have spent many hours over the past week defending myself, investigating allegations, researching quotes-threads and general hear say all because someone said " I THINK".....I have cleared the muddy waters to the best of my ability that concern my reputation as a prop maker/seller.
Mullreel didn't make any absolute statement to your being banned... He said "I think". Simply correct him if it's not you...

Coreysnaps (quartermaster) for the MMCC has also said some untrue statements and posted them as well. Some of that has been removed...I am working on the rest of it! I think enough has been said on this subject and I am satisfied at leaving it where its at !
I know that you don't care for my opinion but in my opinion; fair enough. Following from this thread I looked into this Mando Mercs thing. From what I read it certainly didn't appear that you had been banned from their group but merely achieved 'unapproved vendor alert' status although in your case the reasons given are not made clear even before the post was edited.

It also seems that some confusion arose about whether you and Galaxy Creations were the same person. My enquiries led me to the fact that you aren't because he operates out of TX and you from TN; there's also the small fact that you appear to look completely different. In my experience that tends to be a giveaway.

I see that the Mando Mercs post in that thread with a link to you etsy page has has now been edited. Presumably the second, removed, paragraph did not actually apply to you but rather the other fellow or was simply untrue?

If you send me a PM I will get a email/alert of that. I will not be back on the forum any more on a regular basis. Im always happy to help whom ever and where ever I can. You can find me on facebook & youtube @ zero-cool prop shop

I'm gonna offer my 2 cents, and try not to ramble or rant...
First, a word of caution to new members looking to build a Fett. If you have the option to buy from a vendor on TDH or someone on e-bay or etsy, your best bet is to go with a respected helmet maker here. When I say "respected" I don't mean how much his feedback is on e-bay or other sites, the average joe couldn't tell the difference between a Rubies deluxe suit and JB in full costume on the ESB set! Therefore the average joe's feedback is not really a good measure of someone's attention to detail (both in master sculpt and actual production/quality control). If you want to know who makes a good/great helmet read paint ups. Find out who the smokin' painters are. PM them and ask who do they recommend. Why? They see all of the different makers and they know who puts out top notch product. Not to mention most of the good ones are all OCD about the little details, not only in their paintwork but in the accuracy of the helmet as well.

Now a word of advice to someone who might think "hey, I might like to make props/cosplay helmets and that stuff". First, do your homework. Read all of the scratch built helmet threads you can find. When you start your build post pictures of your work. It keeps people involved. By that I mean you can receive feedback on somethings you might miss being that you're so close to the project; it's hard to stand back and look at your efforts objectively. Follow the templates. They're there for a reason, they're good and people turn out great looking lids. Pay attention to your reference photos. Ask for advice. Do all of this BEFORE you start selling on e-bay or etsy to people who don't know any better. If you don't do this, do not get butt hurt when someone asks what do "we" the community think of your work. If you put out that kind of work, you should be able to listen to honest critiques of it. Also, if you claim that "one got past you" that's cool. Stuff happens. But seriously, I checked the e-bay listing before writing this, pictures still show a warped left ear and other problems. It's not screen accurate and in my opinion not worth the money.

I hate to see anyone get their feelings hurt to the point of basically telling a whole forum to screw off. I've seen it happen before. I see things wrong with other peoples builds be it helmet or other parts. The forum member is usually building for his own use, con, Halloween or whatever. I don't say anything unless they seem to be asking for advice or help. It's ok to not have a perfect part. A lot of mine are not. But I try pretty hard to make them as close as time and money allows. The difference is, I'm not offering them for sale. If you do plan on selling a part, make sure it is the best you can make it. If you don't have the eye to know if it is there or not, ask. Raf will call you out on it! If you don't ask for help before you sell something that is right, don't get upset about people talking about it and offering their opinion of what's wrong. Every one has different standards or goals for their costume. There may be plenty of average people out there who have never heard of the dented helmet who would be happy with a Tommyboy lid. Then there's the weirdos like us! And in light of recent happenings with people getting stiffed on commissions or parts ordered on here, everyone just wants the best part they can get for their money. So buyer apprehension is understandable. It is also understandable that one forum member might want a potential buyer to be aware of a vendor's history if it is bad, one guy is looking out for another. Mullreel may have misremembered, but I don't think his error was with malice. And it seemed to me he may have recanted.

Rant ends

Reading this post I saw "avoid" so I had to keep reading further. I work in the food service industry. If I may make a parallel, one person has a good meal, they tell five others, one person has one bad meal they tell 100 others. Bad news always travels faster. Although I have never had interaction or bought anything from tommyboy I personally would give him the benefit of the doubt. I could be totally wrong though. I don't see or read these disputes very often. I see on one hand one defending his work, and another defending the members of the site. Honestly I don't have any right putting my 2 credits into this dispute, I would just like to say I hope it's resolved to all concerned. Sorry for butting in, Grey Jedi at heart. Force be with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back