Boushh My Boushh Helmet 99% there!

shenphong

Active Hunter
Hey guys, started unpacking some of my storage recently and pulled this beauty out. Haven't had a chance to really share it or display but but its definitely one of my most prized SW items. The helmet is from sandman (Todd) who can be found on this board. This was actually #33 from his original run all those years ago and had sat there for the longest time, unworked on. I had found a commission to do it but, that fell through in a negative way so it sat there a bit longer. In comes Alvomedia. She's currently posting for her own build and Boussh helmets and does a magnificent job. I love the leather work and damage she provided and all work was done by hand, stenciled from masking tape etc. Helmet was trimmed and assembled by me, with all the drilling work etc done. Alvomedia took over the rest, painting, weathering it, and doing the leather work. The helmet has fettronics lights installed and is certainly a work of art. If anyone's interested in commissioning her, feel free to pm me and I'll point you in her direction. Its a lot more breathtaking in person, especially the weathering on the leather. This will be going on top of my Boussh life size bust soon. I mention that its 99% as I'm looking to replace the top greeblie on the antenna/range finder soon as my casting had basically the entire top half of that greeblie missing. Great cast from Todd and great buildup from Annie/Alvomedia. Thank you alvomedia for finishing up a project sitting there for over 4 years now.

IMG_9849_zpsehlbthcg.jpg

IMG_9850_zpssthdtdsj.jpg

IMG_9851_zpssjqdmcwy.jpg

IMG_9852_zpsnqpdk43q.jpg

IMG_9853_zpsopvbq8uy.jpg

IMG_9854_zpszccogpp9.jpg

IMG_9855_zpsa5xmbhga.jpg

IMG_9856_zpsxepxl172.jpg

IMG_9857_zpscybkydla.jpg

IMG_9859_zpsnowisbum.jpg

IMG_9860_zpsbunql5lt.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And the helmet in sunlight. Its currently at my office now for all to wander by and check out. Had to show it against a white background to really show how much the details on the helmet pop out.

IMG_7950_zpsxmjp2bfw.jpg

IMG_7949_zpsnxgmcymz.jpg

IMG_7948_zpsuvxodinx.jpg

IMG_7947_zpsznh3mlgw.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And my wife modeling it before it went out.

IMG_7167_zpshruud7pz.jpg

IMG_7166_zpsq7p8kibh.jpg

IMG_7165_zpsnqmqu3wq.jpg

ooooooo-wee! that is one nice looking helmet. I forgot how nice that one came out!! Thanks for sharing, and glad it found it's way to you at Google!

Love the Boushh helmet. Annie did one for me a little while ago and I couldn't be happier with the results. Now I want to add a Fettronic light kit. Do you mind me asking what light bar length you got?
Was it 136mm, 124mm or 110mm from Fettronics?

My helmet is from one of Todd's kits also.

Thanks...(y)

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe I went with the 136 originally. It was one of his first kits when he started doing them. I would honestly go with 124 if I had to do it again. My LEDs were also too spaced apart so I ended up modifying it a bit to space them closer. Will see if I can find a vid.

I believe I went with the 136 originally. It was one of his first kits when he started doing them. I would honestly go with 124 if I had to do it again. My LEDs were also too spaced apart so I ended up modifying it a bit to space them closer. Will see if I can find a vid.

Thank you so much.:)

Hi guys. I'm new to the site and wanting to know if you can point me in the right direction to buy a Boussh helmet kit for me to paint myself. Many thanks

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back