Would you do this?

Sixxgunn13

Well-Known Hunter
I posted this on the RPF.

Hi guys I have a BobA Fett 77 back. It's has slight creasing in 3 spots nothing major and its bubble has some yellowing. The card is flat and the main image had some residue from a price tag that the previous owner removed.

I have a chance to get a complete ESB Snowtrooper prop costume/display AND a Efx LE edition Darth Vader helmet.. For even TRADE for the 77back Boba Fett.

I always wanted to make snowtrooper and purchase the Efx but life and the wife had other plans.

Should I go for it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been collecting since a kid and dealing Trading / Selling Vintage (1985 and earlier) Star Wars toys for well over 10 years now. I also deal with the newer ones as well but none hold their value like the original toys. If it was a 21 back Boba Fett that would be a tough call, since that is the most valuable Boba Fett figure.
The 77 Back Boba Fett figure in the condition that you described (in my opinion) is worth around $500.00 give or take. If it was mint and AFA graded at an 85 or better it would be worth considerably ($1000's) more. You also have to think about the sentimental value of the figure and how attached to it you are.
Please do some checking on the auction sites to see what they are selling for. Be sure to look at the sold items and not the active listings. The active listings will only show what people are trying to sell them for (which is sometimes an unreasonably high price). The completed or sold listings will show what people are actually willing to pay for them. "Remember an item is only worth what somebody else is willing to pay for it" This is all just something to think about when making your decision.

Personally if it was my decision I would do it in a heart beat. But with the amount of Star Wars toys that pass through my hands I don't get to attached to any of them plus I know I will eventually end up with another one some day.

Hope this helps.

Dollar wise it sounds like a good deal . The last 77back on eBay in a similar condition sold for $800 with very little yellowing. If you want to wear the snowy I would make sure it is still able to be disassemble if it is a mannequin and somewhat close to your size.

I added a pic of the actual Snowtrooper and a pic of an EFX Vader although mine will be an "limited" version.
The snow trooper was built on a 6" mannequin, I'm 6'1" so it works out.

vader stand.jpgSnow.png

Money wise I would say that you would definitely be getting the better end of that deal. Just the Snowtrooper alone is probably worth a couple thousand or more.

Two more suggestions:
1. Move the shoulder armor a little bit higher.
2. You can wear the abdomen armor the other way around if you want. There are screencaps that show both ways. The belt will come a little bit lower by doing this, now he is hidden so much under the chest armor.

Here is mine (he always looks cleaner on photos like he is):
4055b888c79a72cd44ff10a17a526271.jpg
6dd8892f2052f8e7f99dc0f78a5aa916.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back