Boots Rancho Loco Boots question

sebree

Active Hunter
What does anyone know about Rancho Loco Boots? They have a decent looking pair of Fett boots but if I can't get Mercs or 501st approved with them it isn't worth my time. Please advise.

Sent from my SM-G920T

I bought a pair of their fett boots for my Super Trooper, I wear a size 12, I ordered a size 12. Upon arrival I had the fight of my life attempting to get my feet into them, the design essentially layers neoprene on top of stretchable fabric, eliminating any stretchiness that once existed. I cut out that neoprene layer from inside of my boots and they fit like a charm now. If you can spare the money, manofwarstudios' are $70 more (only $40 more if you include shipping costs on the RL boots), and I have his 2-piece flight suit, leather belt, and gloves, his work is superb and his communication is fantastic, he's also an active member of TDH communtiy.

I bought a pair of their fett boots for my Super Trooper, I wear a size 12, I ordered a size 12. Upon arrival I had the fight of my life attempting to get my feet into them, the design essentially layers neoprene on top of stretchable fabric, eliminating any stretchiness that once existed. I cut out that neoprene layer from inside of my boots and they fit like a charm now. If you can spare the money, manofwarstudios' are $70 more (only $40 more if you include shipping costs on the RL boots), and I have his 2-piece flight suit, leather belt, and gloves, his work is superb and his communication is fantastic, he's also an active member of TDH communtiy.

I was looking at those as well. I'd prefer MOW but I have no idea when my size will be back in stock. How did their boots look where the upper connected to the sole? In the pictures it looks a bit ... glued?

I was looking at those as well. I'd prefer MOW but I have no idea when my size will be back in stock. How did their boots look where the upper connected to the sole? In the pictures it looks a bit ... glued?
Yep, had that on mine too, build quality is definitely subpar. MOW way or the highway.

Well here's to hoping I can eventually find some size 10 MOWs :D

Stay tuned on the Cargo Hold. Boots (and other gear comes up all the time). In the mean time, if you have an event or something to attend, you can always make some, for lack of a better word, side panes and shoe goo them on a pair of chukkas until you either get in on a run or find some on the Cargo Hold.

Either way, I'd e-mail Christian (MOW), introduce yourself, ask him when he might be doing another run and let him know there's interest out there. Sometimes people just need to know that they have some buyers waiting before they commit to another run of stuff. Remember to order your boots from MOW at least a half size larger than you normally wear. If I had it to do over again, I'd get a full size larger.

Best of luck!

Stay tuned on the Cargo Hold. Boots (and other gear comes up all the time). In the mean time, if you have an event or something to attend, you can always make some, for lack of a better word, side panes and shoe goo them on a pair of chukkas until you either get in on a run or find some on the Cargo Hold.

Either way, I'd e-mail Christian (MOW), introduce yourself, ask him when he might be doing another run and let him know there's interest out there. Sometimes people just need to know that they have some buyers waiting before they commit to another run of stuff. Remember to order your boots from MOW at least a half size larger than you normally wear. If I had it to do over again, I'd get a full size larger.

Best of luck!

Thanks for the idea! I ended up reaching out to Christian and he said he probably won't be receiving anymore boots until next year. No rush though.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back