Can ANYONE make rangefinder displays

I highly recommend hyperdyne's stuff. I bought his RF servo w/light setup a few years back for my fiberglass helmet. A little pricey for some, but top-notch professional work!

hyperdyne....you mentioned the stalk as a place of installation. Do tell....the nice part about Bobo's was its self containment completely inside the rangefinder while running off of a large watch battery and the mercury switch. This is the method of manufacture that I was hoping to have resurrected...:)

The price Bobo was sporting was $50 bucks.....I remember 'cuz I keep kicking myself for not picking one up at the time for the price :lol:

Steve

I think that it's not a reflection but a screen displaying the milenium falcon if you look closly it frsembles it. this can also be supported by the game Bounty Hunter.Which Kicks ASS. i was thinking of puting a camera instead of the LED's and Puting a real screan in.

Whoops, I misspoke. The board and batteries do fit inside the rangefinder head, NOT the stalk. I got my fett-ese all mixed up there... :lol:

Very interesting point....considering the Falcon is in the foreground it is very plausible that is the intended target,again, considering it is a range/target-finder;)

Would it be possible to have a "viewmasterlike" slide made that small to insert into the frame of our rangefinders?? When backlit with the soft white it would show the Falcon?? That would kick arse(y)

Steve

Steve, that is a cool idea. If you cut the viewfinder out it might be easiest to print out the falcon on a transparency and mount it. Backlight it with a white LED and voila!

webchief said:
Mine didn't have external wiring... that was just to test it before it was completed. It ran on a small battery that looked like a AA but shorter...camera battery I think.

Prob a 12v or also as a type N battery.

But hyperdyne If you can make such a thing, depending on the price im in!!!!!!

Hey all,

I found my original design and it looks like these boards will run $60-$65 depending on the quantity I make. If I make under 10 the price will be $65 each.

The board includes the 2 red LEDs on it and I can add a small white LED on the back side. I should be able to get the tilt switches also that go on the board. The whole thing runs on three watch batts that you can mount in the hollow RF as well (a set of batteries will be included).

Another feature of my board is that you can also select 4 different sequencing modes for the top red LEDs: 1) ESB pinging mode, 2) alternating mode, 3) random mode 1, 4) random mode 2. This at least gives you some flavor instead of just the simple alternating LEDs all the time.

Let me know what you think.

Evil Benius said:
I would be interested at that price, although now I need to track down a hollow rangefinder for it...

I got a very nice hollow rangefinder from bobamaker, give him a PM;)

Crickey! how much, mine will never cost that much.
My one, 2 alternating flashing red LEDs, 1 static white with a tilt switch.
No modes, no pings, no fuss.

I doubt mine will be more than $35 including postage from the UK.
Give me a while, I am finishing a few other projects.

I made this a while back for my Jango lid. Instead of a mercury tilt switch, it uses a contact, in the full down position, to illuminate the targeting recticle and laser.
jangorangefinder0ky.jpg

Why isnt this bucket in the ...
"Show off your finish Jango bucket" thread JD?
It looks awesome and maybe of great inspiration to us all!
Post it up buddy PA-LEASEEEEEE!

Mason...

Evilution, do you see me here price bashing your stuff? That is just bad form. Sorry you think that is too much. I suggest you make your own.

For those who want a different set of options, I will make mine available. Added features = added value. Sure I could do a simple alternating circuit for less, but then again anyone could with a 555 timer and a primer from Radio Shack.

My goal is always to futher the hobby with inventive kits. I tend to be on the leading edge while others are content with the trailing edge. That is fine, but dont bash others who strive to fly higher. I also have a sound option on my board - so even comparing yours to mine is apples and oranges.

Good luck with your kit...

Evilution said:
Crickey! how much, mine will never cost that much.
My one, 2 alternating flashing red LEDs, 1 static white with a tilt switch.
No modes, no pings, no fuss.

I doubt mine will be more than $35 including postage from the UK.
Give me a while, I am finishing a few other projects.

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back