Can ANYONE make rangefinder displays

Yeah, I can make the jumpers straight instead of at a right angle if that is a problem. The board + jumpers measures 1 1/8" in width right now. Again this is just a prototype so nothing is set in stone. On my original design, the jumpers were straight and they fit inside a hollow RF no problem. I just used some old header pins I had laying around.

The board does run off coin cell batteries, 3 of them. I am looking to put the battery springs on the board so the batts just sit on the other side of the board. Right now the board and batts will fit inside an RF as that is the same battery source I used before in my first version LED circuit (See here: http://www.hyperdynelabs.com/misc/fett_rf_guts.jpg).

I dont have my hollow RF anymore, so if someone can take internal measurements that would also help. It's been awhile since I messed around with one..

Thanks.

Jim,that is freaking awesome!!! As far as measurements go the hollow rangefinders that I and I'm sure many others have is from "bobamaker" since he was the only one that recently offered them....and I just measured the interior as it came,with a width clearance of 1". If the right angle sequencing pins made up the 1/8" difference then I'd really like it if they were upright since there is still room with that respect.

Again,it's coming along rediculously AWESOME!! :cheers Thanks so much for picking up the ball and running with it on this for us.

I can't wait to see the final product with battery and a tilt switch :love

Steve

I will certainly install the jumpers upright so everything will still fit inside the rangefinder head.

The tilt switch is already installed in the above video, the batts are too they are just on a wire. I have some new boards being made, which I hope will make everything more compact. I will post new pics when i get one built up.

This new board doesnt make any pinging sounds, but adds in the extra white LED. I can certainly make one of those pinging boards anyone likes. You typically have to drill a hole in your RF for the sound to escape though.

Anyway, I hope to show off this new version very soon.

DL44 Blaster said:
Jim,that is freaking awesome!!! As far as measurements go the hollow rangefinders that I and I'm sure many others have is from "bobamaker" since he was the only one that recently offered them....and I just measured the interior as it came,with a width clearance of 1". If the right angle sequencing pins made up the 1/8" difference then I'd really like it if they were upright since there is still room with that respect.

Again,it's coming along rediculously AWESOME!! :cheers Thanks so much for picking up the ball and running with it on this for us.

I can't wait to see the final product with battery and a tilt switch :love

Steve

im definitly interested jim and im anxious to see the finished version.
if possible, maybe it would be possible to include the pinging sound as a option or something for those that want it since im not interested in having the sound but just a basic setup with the 2 upper red leds, 1 bottom white led, and tilt switch.

Yeah, the version I made several years back had the pinging sound but no 3rd LED. I can offer that as an option, but it does raise the price too.

I dont think I can fit both the speaker and extra LED, since the small speaker does take up some room inside the RF head. That would take a bit of experimentation.

At this time I plan to finish up the current version with top LEDs and one backlit white LED. I will handle the pinging version as special requests if need be...

I got the final board in and just got finished building one up. It works great! (y)

Plus I like how the batteries are also now mounted on the board. I was trying to conserve space best as possible since the RF is notoriously cramped and oddly shaped.

At any rate, I should have pics and a video soon...

These will be ready to purchase as soon as I get a web page up. I will be working on it this week.

Here is the new board prototype. Board comes with the 2 red flashing LEDs (with 4 different sequencing modes to choose from) and a white or blue backlit LED. The board operates off 3 coin cell batteries and includes the self-contained tilt switch to automatically turn the board on and off.

NOTE: I realize the tilt switch is upside down and is a mirror image of what you need for a right-sided rangefinder. The final board will fix this issue so dont worry. I am just showing pics here of the latest incarnation. The final board will flip the tilt switch so it will operate properly for a right-sided rangefinder (the one shown below is for a custom left-sided rangefinder). :)

fettrfled_f2.jpg

fettrfled_f1.jpg

And here is a movie of the board in action (the ESB flashing sequence is shown).
http://www.hyperdynelabs.com/misc/fettrfled_f.avi

I havent test fit this into a hollow RF, but since it is a derivative of my old board I dont see any problems. I placed the batteries on the top side of the board so you could mount the whole thing on the lid of the RF and just snap it in place (since the batteries took up alot of room when separate from the board).

Also I have a small delay in the unit turning on to allow your RF to go all the way down before the lights activate. I can fine tune this if necessary. I always include some sort of turn on delay so if you tilt your head forward your RF board isnt constantly turning on and off.

Any comments, suggestions, etc are welcome...

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back