Hello from St. Louie!

fiveliter8

New Hunter
I've been lurking here for many years with dreams of building a nice fett suit. Until now, the only thing I've had is an old Don Post helmet I bought new from Spencer Gifts somewhere in the not-too-distant 90's. Two years ago I purchased the Rubies "deluxe" fett costume, which is lacking, to say the least, but had to do on a budget and lack of time. My heat gun worked miracles to straighten out the armor plates and other foamy pieces. Anyways, I'm starting to build a jawa costume for my son, with accurate replica ammo pouches and bandolier, which is driving me to start going on a fett costume. I have a co-worker working on my ammo belt/pouch assembly and have just inquired to one of the members here about the suit ensemble pricing, which is why I had to finally register. I also have the hasbro blaster that I'm going to treat with some plasti-dip until I get time to build a more accurate replica.

I'm also a prop and scenery builder at our local theater works and a member over at therpf.com I would normally build and make all my pieces, but life, kids, and job, pretty much prevent this from happening. :(

I've been building various props over the years as a hobby and have always been a star wars fan and of costuming in general. Some of my favorite builds were a Stuart minion costume for our son, Freddy Kreuger glove, and, most recently, a working Enchanted Rose prop for the theatrical production of Beauty and the Beast, complete with petals that fall on demand and special lighting, all remotely controlled.

I'm also an automotive hobbyist (gear-head) and military aircraft nut. I enjoy RC boating, flying, and cars, gas and electric, as well as repairing consumer appliances and electronics (down to component level, of course!).

We also enjoy film making, and even got some parts selected for Casey Pugh's "uncut" series of Star Wars fan film remakes. We had two scenes that we recreated in Empire Uncut. One was when Han shoots the imperial probe droid and the other is right after Luke crashes on Dagobah. :D

So, I think I spilled just about enough for now. Looking forward to reading about and seeing everyone's creations here!

Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, you seem like a really skilled guy for sure! I guess you will be able to get a nice costume with those abilities! I wish you the best of lucks!

Hey hey! I'm also in St Louis. What area are you from?

Sorry for the super late reply! I'm actually in O'fallon MO. I have a guy at work that does leather work making me an ESB-ish ammo belt/pouches. It will be slightly scaled down since I'm 5'8". Whereabout are you?

Alex

Sorry for the super late reply! I'm actually in O'fallon MO. I have a guy at work that does leather work making me an ESB-ish ammo belt/pouches. It will be slightly scaled down since I'm 5'8". Whereabout are you?

Alex

Im in the Fenton area myself. I actually just picked up a ROTJ belt from Deltamike.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back