ROTJ ammo belt discrepancy

bpwmd

Hunter
hey guys im looking for 501st input here

the 501 CRL description for the ammo belt includes this requirement

" Ammo belt has 6 decorative grommets on the back."

but when im looking thru the gallery for images of the back armor I discovered this from the magic of the myth tour

ammo belt.jpg

so which is more accurate the 501 reqs or the magic of the myth tour.

or could this simply be a case of a "stage hand" mixing up parts of the costumes. (id think they'd have them in different bins though)

They are on the portion UNDER the belt strap you are seeing. Also be wary looking at that costume since it wasn't actually worn in RoTJ.

ESB has them over. The version you are referring to was called the Sandy version of Boba Fett as RafalFett explained to me a while ago (Sandy being the artist who painted the outfit).

Sent from my SM-G930V

Last edited by a moderator:
Also be wary looking at that costume since it wasn't actually worn in RoTJ.

Yes it was. Both the Magic of Myth suit and the Art of Star Wars/Celebration 4 suit were used in different scenes. But pieces of the suits got mixed up amongst all the Boba gear they have. Like that belt with the rawhide lacing on the back, or the fact they put a pre-pro codpiece and kidney armor set with it, and threw one of the random sets of gauntlets on it.....but the majority of the M.O.M. suit is actually hero ROTJ. The main ROTJ codpiece and kidney armor set (and the belt with the 6 grommets on back) got placed on the AOSW/C4 suit display (aka the "ROTJ special edition" suit). But on a side note, the complete M.O.M. suit got taken out of the box and used in the ANH: Special Edition, with the only differences being they put the shoulder bells on the wrong sides.

Maybe this will help put your mind at ease...

Boba-Fett-Costume-Special-Edition-20.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it was. Both the Magic of Myth suit and the Art of Star Wars/Celebration 4 suit were used in different scenes. But pieces of the suits got mixed up amongst all the Boba gear they have. Like that belt with the rawhide lacing on the back, or the fact they put a pre-pro codpiece and kidney armor set with it, and threw one of the random sets of gauntlets on it.....but the majority of the M.O.M. suit is actually hero ROTJ. The main ROTJ codpiece and kidney armor set (and the belt with the 6 grommets on back) got placed on the AOSW/C4 suit display (aka the "ROTJ special edition" suit). But on a side note, the complete M.O.M. suit got taken out of the box and used in the ANH: Special Edition, with the only differences being they put the shoulder bells on the wrong sides.

The jetpack was not...at least not in RoTJ filming. Four other jetpacks were used according to RafalFett if I remember correctly.

bpwmd - Basically they 501st CRL put the 6 grommets for the belt because that's mainly what was used in ROTJ. The MOM display suit, unsure where that belt fits into the picture, but obviously the holes to place grommets were drilled, but no grommets were placed in there. Someone decided to lace a rawhide strip to hold it together, or something. Unknown. LOL

Only pic I can find is here.... and it kinda looks like its the belt with the leather string flapping around back there. Cant be sure though....this is ROTJ mind you not SE

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/gall...ba-fett-return-of-the-jedi-costume-skiff.html

That's the shot I used to justify the thong (it shows up pretty well in the "larger image" shot). I thought it was just decorative, not used to bind the ends together, but I never noticed the missing grommets on the MOM displays.

I had a great discussion with @StrumFett regarding the ammo belt in this thread ==> http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/tutorial-ammo-belts-v2-rafalfett-templates-47515/#post603016 and our conclusion was that the Pre-Pro #1 ammo belt (in that post I said that the Supertrooper ammo belt was painted for Pre-Pro #1, but in the Star Wars Costumes The Original Trilogy book we can cleary see an unmodified Supertrooper ammo belt) was reused for ROTJ (among other parts too, like the wookie braids and at least 1 shin tool), but it was put upside down and the 6 holes added in pre or post production:

PP1 ROTJ Ammo Belt 01.jpg PP1 ROTJ Ammo Belt 02.jpg Boba Fett Costume 01.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back