M_S 2

I don't want to sound like a stick in the mud but....

What's the difference between this and the other MS helmet? And even more importantly... what's so different between the MS and the MSH2 or the Mystery Helmet? There are so many helmets out there now.

I don't want to sound like I'm putting your work down... because it looks GREAT! Just wondering why at this point.

Sorry if I'm offending... I don't mean to.

The RF earcap is a much needed inprovement - very nice. So, I thought your original Mystery helmet was the closest to the real thing so far. Why the need for an improvement? And, is it me or is the dome a lot taller?

The dome is definitely taller. I think it looks a bit too tall and too rounded now that I've stared at the pics. I also think the dent should be deeper and more refined with crisper edges. but that's just based on these pics so it all could be the angle/lighting. Still a great helmet though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rednave said:
The dome is definitely taller. I think it looks a bit too tall and too rounded now that I've stared at the pics. I also think the dent should be deeper and more refined with crisper edges. but that's just based on these pics so it all could be the angle/lighting. Still a great helmet though!

The dent has liquid latex painted into it to retain the detail I've given it. I didn't want to lose any of the crisp detail when the primer was applied. As for the accuracy of the helmet, I've never posted that it was the most accurate helmet available. My goal here was to offer a clean helmet that will be easy to put together and ready to paint. I've improved on areas that really needed it, like the crooked arrows, the earcap from the MS is not screen accrurate and the keyholes were in desperate need of cleaning. Camera angle has changed actual appearace a bit. There is about a 5mm difference in the size of the helmet from top to bottom.

Here is a shot from the other side of the helmet. It will show you that there is not that much dome added. More of a camera trick.

sbs0005.JPG

I think the perspective is slightly skewed because of the piece that is inside the T-Visor area on the M_S 2. It is sticking out a little on the bottom pushing the helmet upward creating the false image of the helmets height. On the side by side you can see what I mean.
I am definately a big fan of this one though and can't wait to get one.

YES. That was the other thing I forgot to point out. There is a small lip on the bottom of the visor that is definetly tilting the helmet back.

Wow...
Thats a great looking Boba Bucket!
I'm gonna be putting my name down on your list when it comes to production time...
Looks like your gonna have a busy year ahead!...LOL!

Mason...
Ps: any idea's on a price yet?

by the way marrow im gunna wait till you start your list on this helmet before i buy one from ya. but I am definetly gunna buy one of these from you.

Well I've began making up a few of the new helmets and there turning out pretty good. I'm limiting the amount that I'll be making to 15. 3 for me and 2 are gifts for a couple real stand-up members:) You know who you are!

The kit wil come as shown on the prototype. The bottom will be trimmed but you will have to cut out the visor section as well the keyholes. I will include the MQ-1 as well the other pieces that attach, the only thing I have not had time to complete was the RF, it will be the same RF as the original kit. The helmet comes out of thee mold in one piece so there is no part line to clean up.

The way I'm doing this it kind of like silent auction, I've got 10 available slots, you PM me that your interested and your on the list. I do of course reserve the right to say "no way Jose" The price for the kit will be $185.00 plus shipping. ~$20.00 within North America

When I have the 10 interested people I'll put up the list and my PP info

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back