First attempt making my own gloves

Badgerdash

Jr Hunter
With my budget somewhat tighter than expected this year, I decided to try making my own gloves. They're not perfect — I'll make another set when I have time — but for now, they're sufficient. Cost: roughly $10 in cloth from the fabric store. Anyway, I'm still a total sewing newbie, so if I can do it, anyone can.

IMG_2854.jpg

Wow those look really good! The stitching is so clean!! Great work! How'd you tuck the finger caps under those seams??

I should've taken in-progress pics. :rolleyes Basically, I took the unstitched "trank" of the glove and stitched onto the fingers just the bottom seam of the finger caps. Then, when I sewed the fourchette on, that seam overlapped the finger caps all the way around. All this was done inside-out, so the stitches would be hidden when I turned it right-side-out.

See here for an explanation of terms and the rough process of making a glove:

How to Make Gloves

It doesn't quite look as good on the index finger, so when I upgrade the gloves, I'll make a longer fourchette goes on both sides of the index finger.

Can't quite tell, but make sure your "left hand patch" is shorter than the right hand....and good job.

Boba Glove Patterns

With my budget somewhat tighter than expected this year, I decided to try making my own gloves. They're not perfect — I'll make another set when I have time — but for now, they're sufficient. Cost: roughly $10 in cloth from the fabric store. Anyway, I'm still a total sewing newbie, so if I can do it, anyone can.

View attachment 101722

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back