Warning: Issues with Ponteworks

This is the word from Intwenothor who is not an Administrator, but is very knowledgable in the legailities of the site whilst providing great analogies.

"Of course I'd be upset. I was merely pointing out that it is not within the power of the site administration to take legal action in respect of a private contract between individuals. I'm not an administrator so couldn't have the thread removed even if I wanted to, which I don't.

You're wasting any anger directed at me and you're wasting anger aimed at the site itself. If you were trying to buy a car from some bloke in a pub you couldn't blame the landlord if it went sour; you merely met on his premises. He wasn't responsible for the deal."

I don't blame TDH or anyone directly connected to this site for the transgressions that Rick has made. It was a contract between Rick and myself. This is 100% on him.

I'm really disappointed in Rick over this whole deal. He hasn't spoken to me in forever. I stand on my position that Rick is a good guy but this is just crazy beyond explanation. He's lost his job, his mother has cancer, she lost her home, his savings went in a heartbeat, he cant pay his mortgage and now he's losing his wife.

I know everyone wants their stuff but I ask you.....How would you fair under the same circumstances?

Stop beating a dead horse and file a legal case against him for you're stuff. He's really screwed himself that's for sure.

Woodman, Rick's behavior since the thread in '12 shows a clear pattern. It's also not beating a dead horse when just yesterday another customer came forward saying he gave Rick $5k to build a Fett. Now has Rick given Chris the money for all the pieces needed? The guy can't even get a simple answer after dropping $5k! Come on, that's ridiculous.

I know know that since APRIL 2016 things have gone down hill for Rick. Since he had my items from SEPTEMBER 2014 to November 2016 I wonder what the excuse was for the first NINETEEN months he had my armor and helmet?

I believe there are legal avenues that can be explored considering he owes work/refunds for over $20,000.

A deadhorse, geez aren't I the ******* !!! hey Wood, Id file in a heartbeat, but I'm down here in Oz I've NO leg to stand on. . Ive sent many PM's via FB with all respect prior to and then after knowing of these circumstances. Bottom line I'm outta patience especially knowing the scale of this. I thought i was an isolated case. But before you start judging us horse floggers, Ive been communicating with Art via PM's with positive news as it has been communicated (it seemed) as a means of maintaining privacy and respect.

I'm really disappointed in Rick over this whole deal. He hasn't spoken to me in forever. I stand on my position that Rick is a good guy but this is just crazy beyond explanation. He's lost his job, his mother has cancer, she lost her home, his savings went in a heartbeat, he cant pay his mortgage and now he's losing his wife.

I know everyone wants their stuff but I ask you.....How would you fair under the same circumstances?

Stop beating a dead horse and file a legal case against him for you're stuff. He's really screwed himself that's for sure.

The year and a half prior to everything going wrong for him were filled with false promises, missed deadlines, vague sometimes nonsensical updates, etc . Do I feel awful for him? Yes, I really do. Eight years ago I was pretty much right where he is now, but the fact remains that i had legitimate concerns way before everything fell apart for him.

Exactly. ...that's the part I can't get my head around. What was the issue then? Procrastination, work interference, poor judgements in taking on so much?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z

The year and a half prior to everything going wrong for him were filled with false promises, missed deadlines, vague sometimes nonsensical updates, etc . Do I feel awful for him? Yes, I really do. Eight years ago I was pretty much right where he is now, but the fact remains that i had legitimate concerns way before everything fell apart for him.

When did you first pay him?

When did you first pay him?

I paid October 6, 2014 with completion promised before the end of January 2015. After We exchanged texts in early 2015, things got weird...

oh well, I wish you and everyone else the best of luck. Unfortunately, this is only one of the vendor problems I'm having at the moment, so I'm going to step away from this one until Rick is able to make an appearance and address everyone's concerns.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I would like an explaination on. Why wasn't anything delivered to his customers from 2014-May 2016?

and this too
quote_icon.png
kniveschau said: "only one of the vendor problems I'm having at the moment"...

would love to hear the rest of this...

it was like a bizarro commission....like he was working backwards. With each update he was getting further away from completing.

Funny! 3 days before he was supposed to finish my helmet he stripped it completely, re-primed it and shipped it to Eric so he could paint it! In the real world my helmet never had a drop of paint applied in over 2 years. If you look at my build thread the pictures he sent of my helmet are clearly now of someone else's...

I orignally paid with paypal. Obviously I can't do a claim now since It has been so long. How does one proceed with legal action?

You first need to send a certified letter by a lawyer stating the return of your money do to the timeframe and no service being completed, if that doesn't work then u can take the issue to small claims court , but u Must send the certified letter first before u can go to court it is required to have before it can go to small claims then your good to go.Most people that get the certified letter most always try to settle up before court it would be impossible for any of theses people not to get there money with your proof of the transaction and no service or goods recieved,... the vendor will lose and if he doesn't pay or show for that then it goes further...that's a whole other story though....

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want my helmet back, all the financial stuff, and other going on in his life is one thing, BUT I WANT MY KIT BACK. Whilst it is in his possession and not mine without my permission, it is STOLEN GOODS. End of story

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back