Blaster Weathered Blaster (Sidewinder ROTJ EFX)

Boochman

Active Hunter
Hey everyone!

I received my blaster from Sidewinder several months ago, and I just now got around to weathering it. At the time, it was the first ROTJ blaster that he made with EFX. The thing is awesome, and the LED is bright, and the sounds are loud!!!

Anyways, I tried to follow Sidewinders thread, but I ended up "doing my own thing", as many people do. Started with a wood look on the stock, and changed it once I got to the heavy weathering cause it didn't look right. The metal parts received a gun metal wash, then various applications of rust & grime, and more specific applications of gloss black. Again I tried to follow the resource images as close as I could.

I wanted this thing to look battle tested, and give an appearance as if it was buried in the sand for years, and finally dug up. Rusty & grimey! What do you think!?!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

That is beautiful work! Great job on prep/assembly and the weathering. Could you post some pictures of the EFX effects, maybe the electronics access, if you have time?

- - - Updated - - -

Looks great. Gives me more reference photos for doing my blaster

Ha ha, caught me thinking exactly the same thing! Hope mine comes out looking as good!

Thanks for the compliments everyone! I was just hoping that I was on the right track with regards to weathering. I told some people "I just want to be in the ballpark with others I've seen"...

I'll take some pictures of the guts and electronics. Pretty much everything is housed in the barrel, and I've yet to fasten it in there so it slides around as I move the blaster from vertical to horizontal. I'll likely get some heavy duty Velcro to keep it in place!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back