Connecting back and neck armor

RebelScum

New Hunter
Would anyone have any advice on how to pull this off so that they can but up to one another? Or some way to connect them at the shoulder but still remain 2 separate pieces? I'm almost done with my esb boba but I'm kind of lost on this one just wanting to do it right. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW

The back armor should have two studs/bolts extending upwards around the top shoulder area , both left and right.
The collar/neck peice has holes which the these back studs enter through (from below).
The aluminum keys then thread onto the studs, and lock it all together.

Last edited by a moderator:
IDK if you could tell from L3's response, but there's overlap -- bolts from the back through holes in the collar:

IMG_1377a.jpg IMG_1368a.jpg

Knowing there is overlap is a huge help. You can't really see an overlap in why pictures. Thank you for the pics. Do you know if anyone sells the studs that go on to the top of the shoulder?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW

I'll do some searching. I knew the studs were there just didn't know how it all comes together. Thanks again.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW

Dakota with machine craft replicas sells them made out of aluminum. A few other people make them and sell them in the cargo hold but he's the first name that comes to mind. If you wanted to fabricate them yourself you can use keyboard keys to get the same look. The only down side is they may not be completely functional.

If you have an old mac keyboard, you can pry the keys off and epoxy short bolts and use those.
I think the original movie prop used keyboard keys but that's debatable.

Do you know if anyone sells the studs that go on to the top of the shoulder?

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back