Need parts soon who should I talk to?

Zombienoms

New Hunter
So I'm looking to assemble a Boba ROTJ build for NYCC in early October and I'm having trouble finding what I need. I'm looking for resin armor I just want raw cast kits I'll finish myself but I'm having issues finding people to sell them. I PMed redkraytdragon and no response and read he goes out of contact for months, bobamaker also has 16 month waiting list, every full set selling in the cargo hold is sold and I just want to give someone money for a suit! Have I simply gone wrong in thinking this could be done without a year notice or are there other reputable makers who could meet a a turnaround time of 2-3 months for a raw kit. If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations I would appreciate it

Hey Bro, I'm building rotj fett here in the UK it's even harder just gotta piece together as you go, but some good vendors on here, I've bought off loads and all nice blokes. Woodman was selling fett abs sets from rs props, I use this armour. There was a guy in the cargo hold selling a jumpsuit in a lot of gear he was selling..maybe worth a look depending on your size. Hope it's of some help :)

I appreciate it. I've got sources for a jetpack, harness, and flightsuit, the main concern is really armor pieces. I found a guy but the issue really is the timeline since I sent a PM and no reply. You'd never think it would be so hard to give someone your money

I'm not an expert but I think most armor is fiberglass or Abs. Unfortunately a quality Fett build just takes some time and often the right deal may pop up for you in the cargo hold in that time. I would think the Woodman /RS armor would be your quickest bet but you would still need gauntlets, helmet, boots,belts etc..

It took me almost two years from when I discovered TDH in November 2006, to when I was 501st approved in October 2008.

You guys are like 100m sprinters. For me the finish line is miles away. I don't want to troop but i would like to have something to display at some point. Still enjoying it though.

Yeah starting now and finishing by NYCC is tough. Trust me, I started an ESB fett 4 years ago for NYCC, and had all my parts in a few months ahead and wasn't nearly as put together as I should've been. 4 years later and I'm still upgrading and changing. If you're really in a pinch and just need some armor until you can upgrade, pm me, I may be able to help you out.
-Gav

I'm currently 2 years into my build and I'm still waiting on pieces but I'm nearly there. As alot of members will say this does take along time as the people who you want to talk to for armour are always busy making armour for everyone else. It will take a while for you to finish up so your timescale of 2-3 months is way off. Every so often people do pop up selling full costumes but these are generally running into the $$$. Take your time with it as you will be more impressed with the finished article when you know you have completed it yourself.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back