RS prop masters Kit, how to?

ObitomoFett

Jr Hunter
Hey guys and gal's.

Recently received my kit of RS prop masters abs armour. But I'm not sure how to go about all the trimming and fitting? Does anyone have a general idea or have trimmed that specific armour on their build thread?

I just don't want to cut too short etc on my pieces. I'm also not sure on what materials to use on this. Is it similar to a Stormtrooper set in terms of trimming and measuring? Like including return edges and sanding it smooth on the edges.

Cheers.

Generally its best to goto the Gallery and make your armor like the armor youre trying to replicate. Don't take someones word for something as doing so leads to mistakes like the telephone game....you copy their work...and then you make their mistake and possibly amplify it....

As far as tips I like to use a dremel to trim the armor....the cutoff wheel (carbon blade) to rough cut then using the sanding wheel I will then take it down to the thickness I want....its similar to TK's as in its plastic and all....your edges are there for you....if you go into the gallery and look at a few pics of the armor in the traveling shows youll see what you need to....theres thousands of pics for you to choose from.

To leave that much on.

As in leave that much on the curve on the piece?
Sorry I don't follow.

- - - Updated - - -

Generally its best to goto the Gallery and make your armor like the armor youre trying to replicate. Don't take someones word for something as doing so leads to mistakes like the telephone game....you copy their work...and then you make their mistake and possibly amplify it....

As far as tips I like to use a dremel to trim the armor....the cutoff wheel (carbon blade) to rough cut then using the sanding wheel I will then take it down to the thickness I want....its similar to TK's as in its plastic and all....your edges are there for you....if you go into the gallery and look at a few pics of the armor in the traveling shows youll see what you need to....theres thousands of pics for you to choose from.

As in the screenshot gallery?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back