Jango helmet commission?

ZNN1225

New Hunter
Hello, I was wondering if there is anyone you all recommend for the best finished Jango helmet. Thank you very much!

I'm not too sure hahah is there a middle ground? I'd like it to look nice and accurate but pay $300 or less. Do you think that's realistic/reasonable?

Currently available most accurate I'd recommend Bobamaker for the Jango. if animefan has his mold up and running it is at least equal or better in quality. The Cruzer is a great lid and will do the part, but it's really more of a fan made Boba without the dent, but a great lid nonetheless. Youre looking between $300 plus some shipping upcharge for the Bobamaker. It's a pretty easy lid to finish yourself if you can work some masking and spray paint, or there are a few fellas here that can do it, but have no idea on the charge...
You can PM animefan or cruzer, google bobamaker and then email him.

$300 for a full finished commission would be on the low side I would say. Jango is not as in depth and time consuming as a ROTJ paint job but there is still many hours worth of work to clean, prep, paint and weather a helmet. You will be about $200 in on just the raw helmet. I would expect a paint commission to be at least $150 on the low side. If I were doing it I would probably be quite a bit higher than that (not that I have time to do commissions).

Just to give an idea.....if it is a nice cold cast helmet you will spend several hours sanding and polishing the whole thing to a shine. Then you have to mask off the areas and prime and paint. Each paint color needs to be added in smooth thin layers with dry time between each and it is best to have some cure time between colors .....the two recommended colors don't always play well with each other..... Then smoothing out the paint. Attaching ears and RF. Pin striping and weathering. And lets not forget installing the visor. So as you can see there is work to be done to get one finished right. And the built in wait times add up.

Hope that helps.

$300 for a full finished commission would be on the low side I would say. Jango is not as in depth and time consuming as a ROTJ paint job but there is still many hours worth of work to clean, prep, paint and weather a helmet. You will be about $200 in on just the raw helmet. I would expect a paint commission to be at least $150 on the low side. If I were doing it I would probably be quite a bit higher than that (not that I have time to do commissions).

Just to give an idea.....if it is a nice cold cast helmet you will spend several hours sanding and polishing the whole thing to a shine. Then you have to mask off the areas and prime and paint. Each paint color needs to be added in smooth thin layers with dry time between each and it is best to have some cure time between colors .....the two recommended colors don't always play well with each other..... Then smoothing out the paint. Attaching ears and RF. Pin striping and weathering. And lets not forget installing the visor. So as you can see there is work to be done to get one finished right. And the built in wait times add up.

Hope that helps.

Mullreel....Thats a perfect answer and time is money....

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back