ROTJ Battle Damage

Hey man, good morning.

I used this thread, as AFFo$ is a baaaad man, and he didn't pinpoint much damage that her personally inflicted into the casting/helmet itself.

AFFo$'s ROTJ Paint Up for JedIinTraining

Hey All, I know there are a lot of guides and walkthroughs out there, and have been researching - but what are your thoughts on physical battle damage as part of pre-paining prep? I've seen some great examples, but thoughts on the subject? The link below has quite a bit of physical damage, but I like it:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/...j-paintup-54658/?highlight=rotj+battle+damage

As far as following along with some of the WIP threads I would recommend following some of the painters who have done several paint ups. I have done a ROTJ but I would hate to be the reference for someone.

There is some of the physical damage that is needed, like the damage on the back panels and near the visor. Think of which spots will be focused on more and those are the places where the physical damage is more critical.

I used the pictures of the FPH2 in Rubio95's review, as did Nid, as a guide, but mainly tried to stick with what I could pull from the screen captures. I didn't go as far as using the MoM pictures as I'm shooting for screen ROTJ. Here's an example:

IMG_1111.jpg

Yes add the damage before you even put the silver on....or primer for that matter...theres a TON of physical damage on the helmet, you can see all of it in Celebration pics, MOM pics, Heilman pics, in the gallery...mostly its hard to put down damage if you don't have your stencils scaled out already so start with getting that all worked out...then add the damage in the locations as necessary and then prep and paint.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back