Animefan Budget bucket review

Armydad

Active Hunter
So today I received my new helmet from Animefan. As stated in the title I purchased the budget bucket. And I must say WOW!!! For the last 4-5 years I have only known my ebay mystery bucket (most likely a cheap recast of another) Throughout my years here on TDH I have only heard the stories and legends of the better quality buckets from the many great vendors here, but I never had the chance to encounter one in person. The difference between my older helmet and the new Animefan bucket are like night and day, the cast is nearly flawless, with very little cleanup needed. I should only need to trim/ sand the bottom edge and cut out the visor. Other than that I dont see anything that will need to be filled or reshaped. The cast is thick and solid, easily double the thickness of my ebay helm, at nearly .25" (6mm) thick this is a solid cast. All of the lines and edges are sharp and crisp to include the molded chip inside the rear vents. The range finder and ear cap accessories are just as nice, all come pre drilled ready to paint and assemble, only need to trim some flash from the topper and clear view finder. The stalk is solid too, with a hollow (copper?) tube running through the center to allow wires for the lights. Only now do I understand what I have been missing all these years. I will be taking extreme care and time to paint this beauty up right, and will install either a T-Visor delux or FP delux. Here are some pics to go along with the this review, my older bucket is slightly larger, but not by much, mostly taller in the dome area. Ill post up the normal step by step paint up WIP in the next week or two as I finish setting up my work space and materials. If there are any angles of the bucket I missed that you want to see just just ask, Id be happy to post them. I must say that all the other pics I saw of this helmet before purchas dont do it justice once its in your hands. Enjoy.

IMAG1053.jpg

IMAG1055.jpg

IMAG1056.jpg

IMAG1057.jpg

IMAG1058.jpg

IMAG1059.jpg

IMAG1060.jpg

IMAG1061.jpg

IMAG1062.jpg

IMAG1063.jpg

Is your old bucket a korbanth bucket by chance? I ask because it looks very similar to one ive acquired recently

If its not any trouble,lol definetly dont worry about it if it is :p just curious as the one im reffering to is on its way( i won it for pretty cheep) just wondering if i got as good a deal as i thought or if i may as well of bought one of these animefan ones which i was definetly eyeing up for about the same price and just painted it myself... i suppose ill just have to wait and inspect it when it arrives

I checked, eBay only let's me look back to 2014. So I can't check the seller. If you pm me the site you got yours from I can check it out.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back