Pulce Score

Slash

Hunter
So I had some mail arrive today from a recent purchase....

I managed to find not one but 2 Pulce 40's for sale from the one person (a non Fett related seller).

Well to say purchasing them and getting them shipped to me down here in Oz was difficult would be an understatement!!!! The seller was in New Zealand and after asking if he would post to Australia he said no. Well given I knew these would sell for a steal I didn't give up. I established a private mail box in New Zealand and after being the successful purchaser had them couriered there.

That's when the fun and games began. The private mail box wouldn't forward them by regular mail as NZ post refuse to take such an item (it's considered a weapon). I confirmed with NZ customs as well as Aussie customs that spear guns are not a restricted or prohibited item so they wouldn't have a problem with them at the border. Yet finding a carrier that would ship them was the issue. I was continually told they would be scanned and then when they saw what they were they would be stopped. Everyone from Fedex to DHL to any other name I could think of refused to ship them. I know crazy!! I could put it in my checked baggage if I was flying to or from NZ, but no postage/courier place wanted to touch them.

Anyhow, I ended up taking a chance after all my options were exhausted. I got my private mailbox to ditch the spears that also came with it then declare the items as "used scuba parts", I then used their courier service. I found out that many shippers don't have mandatory scanning of goods from corporates that already have an account with them. The reason is they have already been verified from an ID point of view and it speeds up shipping. I thought this was a safe bet to take and fortunately the girl at my private mail box was happy to do this plus make the declaration. The goods successfully arrived.

They look good, the only issue with the second pulce is that it is missing the trigger plus the red safety. Otherwise I think they look great. You could probably get a replica made of the trigger I'm guessing?

Special thanks to NZ TDH member "TheZeroEffect" for helping me save some dollars and assisting with getting the payment to the seller. That was one less hassle to deal with.

One of these will be used for my ESB build that I am doing - I really need to get around to starting a thread on my build...

DSC02719.JPGDSC02727.JPGDSC02726.JPGDSC02725.JPGDSC02722.JPGDSC02721.JPGDSC02720.JPGDSC02728.JPG

Hey Marcus, thanks for the tip on the rear pin; you're a prince!

Have you considered Floquil/Pollyscale Zinc Chromate primer for your pulce. Another member recently posted pictures of his painted in that colour and I have to say it looks absolutely spot on. You can get some on ebay right now.

Such a good score!

Andy

Ok I have got some paint now I wanted to clarify a couple of things before I go ahead.

Firstly does every part of the handle that you can see in the first pic below get painted?
Secondly, does the black bit (which is at the end of the barrel) in the second pic also get painted that red oxide colour?
DSC02835.JPGDSC02836.JPG

Tha "black bit" I am seeing that people do both red or silver...I have to do some more digging to see which version is screen accurate (I think red)
the pins in the handle I don't think you paint. Other than that...red oxide

Tha "black bit" I am seeing that people do both red or silver...I have to do some more digging to see which version is screen accurate (I think red)
the pins in the handle I don't think you paint. Other than that...red oxide

cheers, yeah it was particularly the second pic I wasn't sure on since I had seen the two variations that you mentioned.

I was planning on taking all the pins out too while it was painted as you suggest.

I've painted the handle. I've taken a few photos in different light as it can look different depending upon lighting or other colours next to it etc.

DSC02850.JPGDSC02855.JPGDSC02851.JPGDSC02854.JPG

DSC02853.JPG

I ended up using this Tamiya primer.

DSC02856.JPG

I was trying to get the Floquil's zinc chromate primer as a number of people had recommended, but couldn't find anywhere in Oz that had it. I didn't fancy paying the shipping from overseas to get some here plus didn't know if there would be difficulties shipping it anyhow. I asked a local hobby shop that had some floquil paints (tho not the required colour) and they mentioned they were fazing them out as some of the Floquil stuff is carcinogenic apparently?

Anyhow, I was going to get the Humbrol 100 as Lou suggested but then I saw this Tamiya in a spray can and the lazy me decided to give that a try rather then getting the airbrush out. lol

Nice work. True dedication. I bet you were on pins and needles till the items arrived in hand. So much paper work. Thanks for sharing.

southern Indiana
scott

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back