far away creations

fettfw3

Hunter
I was wondering if any one here at tdh knows or has ever delt with far away creations. I was thinking about getting a hold of them on some other star wars stuff that I'm also working on next to my fett build. I just want run it by us members here to make sure that they are NOT another star fortress ripoff/scammer.
thanks for any info you can give on them.

I have one of their belts for my biker scout and it is very nice. Never saw their Fett stuff but they seem to have long wait times and the poor communication is something that would turn me off to them. Missing deadlines/promise dates is one thing - ignoring a person who you took money from is another and unacceptable.

However some people are perfectly ok with " getting it when I get it " in exchange for high quality. I just prefer to have my stuff in a relatively timely fashion or I lose interest.

I'm trying to turn a don post tie fighter helmet into a at-at driver's helmet and having a hard time finding someone out there who makes all the add on parts for that convention.

No I don't want to wait 6 months on a couple parts needed. I know elvis trooper makes some of the greenblies but not the hangers and cylinders and few other items. I thought maybe this far away creations would be of some help but with bad communication and other stuff 01hawk says maybe I might have to look elsewhere for em.

I would look at WTF - Walts Trooper Factory on Facebook. I don't read all the stuff there but I do remember seeing people talk about ATAT driver stuff.

And to be fair - it never hurts to email Far away.:. Maybe they have what you need in stock or something.

yea i'll probably email em just to see if they do have any of the parts in stock. I just don't want to wait months for a few little parts needed.

I would lookup wtf but I don't facebook.

I've ordered from Farawaycreations. The estimated time of done and shipped was sometime between end of Feb-March. A 4 week range, which for a business run on a skeleton crew, so to speak, isn't horrible. I've emailed them a few times lately, and was told that I'd hear back soon in a couple of days as to where they were on my order. That was a week ago, going on two now.

I don't want to talk smack about them. I know I'll be thrilled with my items, but I have to agree that communications are spotty. Sad as I am to have to communicate this.

I've ordered a variety of items from them over the years and I'm currently trying to buy some Boushh parts from them. Every thing I have got has been very high quality for the price. Every thing has also taken considerably longer than the quoted time and communication has been slow and not always accurate. You might ask them some specific questions and you'll get a lengthy canned response that doesn't answer everything you've asked.

Cal and Kathy are great people and very nice in person. They just need to learn how to under promise and over deliver. If it's going to take 6 months to get me my order, then tell me it's going to be 8 and I'll be very pleased when I get it early instead of being upset that I was told 2 months and it took 3 times that long.

Always great product. Communication is below average at best. Delivery times are always much longer than quoted.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back